Drone attacks..

No more so than we're equally fed up with those who want to kill others in the name of God. Have you forgotten that both Bush and Blair claimed religious authority for the invasion of Iraq?

Fewer civilians are getting killed in Iraq now than were getting killed under Sadman Hussein....Do we really have to go into stuff like Chemical Ali?:rolleyes:

Do we need mention the invasion of Kuwait, or the Iran/Iraq war?

So we cant use drones, obliged to respect territorial integrity, in other words do nothing while they breed in Yemen and Pakistan, training suicide bombers to come to our side of the world and carry out their despicable acts?

You'll have to take that up with Entwhistle; he's the one claiming that the difference between suicide bombs and drones is merely a technological one. (Although, he's now claiming that it isn't....)

In the general case, it seems like a no-brainer question to me; if something's immoral and we're condemning "the enemy" for using it, then we can't use it either. If it's morally justified, then we cannot condemn them for using it.

Fewer civilians are getting killed in Iraq now than were getting killed under Sadman Hussein....Do we really have to go into stuff like Chemical Ali?:rolleyes:

Do we need mention the invasion of Kuwait, or the Iran/Iraq war?

Since both of those, and Chemical Ali as well, are utterly irrlevant to my comment, you don't need to mention any of them and it wouldn't help your argument if you did.

You'll have to take that up with Entwhistle; he's the one claiming that the difference between suicide bombs and drones is merely a technological one. (Although, he's now claiming that it isn't....)

In the general case, it seems like a no-brainer question to me; if something's immoral and we're condemning "the enemy" for using it, then we can't use it either. If it's morally justified, then we cannot condemn them for using it.

War is immoral.

But aren't suicide bombs considered a despicable moral outrage? If drones are just a more advanced despicable moral outrage, we shouldn't be using them.

you dont half drone on...:hihi:

we use them as the time it takes them to actually get to a target is far far quicker than the time it would take troops to get there, apart from that the terain is all hills and a spotting by a drone will be a lot easier from higher up than a soldier 's eye view on the ground

Since both of those, and Chemical Ali as well, are utterly irrlevant to my comment, you don't need to mention any of them and it wouldn't help your argument if you did.

From your perspective it may not, from mine it does. Since less civilians are getting killed now than were under Sadman Hussein we have a net saving in civilian life.:roll:

No more so than we're equally fed up with those who want to kill others in the name of God. Have you forgotten that both Bush and Blair claimed religious authority for the invasion of Iraq?

are you at last revealing your true colours heading north when you say " No more so than we're equally fed up with those who want to kill others in the name of God."

"Missiles fired by a suspected US drone aircraft have killed at least five people in north-west Pakistan, intelligence officials said."...

What about this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8489787.stm

Reportedly killed Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud...

...his predecessor Baitullah Mehsud was killed by a drone attack last year.

Random chance or clinical precision?

Then we should not fight. That makes your position fairly easy to figure out.

I'm not sure it's a viable one, though.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and look at a situation. What would have happened if we had never entered Iraq. What would happen if we and the Americans withdrew tomorrow?

Sometimes even when we question our morality we need to to go for the lesser of two evils. If we and the Americans left Iraq tomorrow there would be a bloodbath. We owe it to the people of Iraq to stay.

Archived