Drone attacks..

Treatment, perhaps it's my problem, but I find it a little difficult to understand what you are getting at? Are you suggesting our troops ought to behead any suspected terrorists who they arrest and find to have no information? A bit like the ducking stools of ye olde witch trials? That as long as there is no video it would be OK?

I am suggesting that captured terrorists should be summarily executed.

treatment, and I think you might need some, you are a bit of a joke.

mj.scuba, erm, yes, except a misdirected parcel, or one malicously adressed is a little less than the death from above promised by the predator. But you know that already.

Mj, do you believe that the UK is now safer from terrorism than it was say 3 years ago?

treatment, and I think you might need some, you are a bit of a joke.

mj.scuba, erm, yes, except a misdirected parcel, or one malicously adressed is a little less than the death from above promised by the predator. But you know that already.

Mj, do you believe that the UK is now safer from terrorism than it was say 3 years ago?

If, like you say, the parcel is deliberately sent with a wrong address or wrong time, then that is bad. Until we know that's happening though, it's just speculation. Also if the courier or postman fully knows it is going to the wrong address at the wrong time, then he is duty bound by the Geneva Convention on Postal Services and should not deliver, and if they continue regardless they are in breach of that Convention. Sorry I'm taking this analogy a bit far now aren't I?

My bold - No not really. Threat level only went up a week or so back too.

@eastbank and @mjscuba

It is indeed because they work that the, ahem, yanks both love 'em and build 'em. It is because they work, and because they represent such good value for money that they will sell like hot cakes all over the world. The missions they are flying now have more to do with marketing than they do with the nebulous and dubious war on terror.

Of course this brings up moral questions all of it's own. But even if these machines were flying missions wholly in support of a 'war on terror' why are there operations clouded in secrecy? There is no official accountability for their strikes, no publicly accessible records of their succes or failure. Unlike strikes by conventional aircraft where if you have the will you can check what the results of a strike were (with appropriate awareness of bias).

These strikes are in contravention of the geneva convention and are under investigation by Philip Aston at the UN Human Rights Committee as extra judicial killings.

Perhaps to put them in context, a young man in Dewsbury is under surveillence for his extreme views, the CIA are informed. A month later from 30,000 feet a volley of bombs is dropped and kills the target. His mum dies too, but she was a sympathiser. His gran dies, she was an enemy combatant and harboured the insurgent. etc etc

Some time later it is revealed that intelligence sources were making payments to locals for information pertaining to the whereabouts of combatants.

For a few years salary in Pakistan I'd probably tell the CIA my neighbour was a baddy.

I dont know what news coverage you get up Sharrow way (obviously none it seems) but where I live we get news when drone attacks have killed terrorists

@eastbank and @mjscuba

It is indeed because they work that the, ahem, yanks both love 'em and build 'em. It is because they work, and because they represent such good value for money that they will sell like hot cakes all over the world. The missions they are flying now have more to do with marketing than they do with the nebulous and dubious war on terror.

Of course this brings up moral questions all of it's own. But even if these machines were flying missions wholly in support of a 'war on terror' why are there operations clouded in secrecy? There is no official accountability for their strikes, no publicly accessible records of their succes or failure. Unlike strikes by conventional aircraft where if you have the will you can check what the results of a strike were (with appropriate awareness of bias).

These strikes are in contravention of the geneva convention and are under investigation by Philip Aston at the UN Human Rights Committee as extra judicial killings.

Perhaps to put them in context, a young man in Dewsbury is under surveillence for his extreme views, the CIA are informed. A month later from 30,000 feet a volley of bombs is dropped and kills the target. His mum dies too, but she was a sympathiser. His gran dies, she was an enemy combatant and harboured the insurgent. etc etc

Some time later it is revealed that intelligence sources were making payments to locals for information pertaining to the whereabouts of combatants.

For a few years salary in Pakistan I'd probably tell the CIA my neighbour was a baddy.

one the yanks don't know where geneva is....cannot see them being used in west yorkshire and watch the footage on you tube that the yanks put on to show how good these machines are...at 40 million a time they are a bargain..the terrorists dont stand a chance..

one the yanks don't know where geneva is....cannot see them being used in west yorkshire and watch the footage on you tube that the yanks put on to show how good these machines are...at 40 million a time they are a bargain..the terrorists dont stand a chance..

Also available at Thoresby market now, buy one, get one free!:D

Duh! give me an educayshun! Where the hell is Geneva?

Archived