What's Dronfield Like For Nightlife?

daverity

Any of you good people help me out over nightlife, pubs and all that in dronfield. Moving there in a couple of weeks because I've been transferred in the company to Chesterfield from Liverpool. I'm not too happy about it but it's promotion. :confused:

Everyone says that Chesterfield is a dump to go out at night (don't know if that's true-sorry to anybody from Chesterfield) looking for decent pubs, good pint, no trouble and live music would be good too.

Any ideas and advice dead welcome thanks

Not really sure what you're looking for but check this link

http://www.jcbmcs.demon.co.uk/

This is the next village (Dronfield and Coal Aston have gradually merged over the years). The live music events at CAVH tend to be folk orientated but occassionally offer surprises with well known (at least in folk circles) names. Last gig we had Ashley Hutchins founder member of Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention. Let me know what genre of music you're into and I'll tell you what I know.

Thanks for the reply commuter. No I'm not a folk person more rock, R n B type of music but if nothing else I can give it a try. If you've any ideas where you get some decent live R n R around please let me know, ta for that:thumbsup:

Originally posted by daverity

Any of you good people help me out over nightlife, pubs and all that in dronfield. Moving there in a couple of weeks because I've been transferred in the company to Chesterfield from Liverpool. I'm not too happy about it but it's promotion. :confused:

Everyone says that Chesterfield is a dump to go out at night (don't know if that's true-sorry to anybody from Chesterfield) looking for decent pubs, good pint, no trouble and live music would be good too.

Any ideas and advice dead welcome thanks

Dronfield has a few decent pubs (coach and horses:thumbsup: ).

Chessie is a good laugh. If you fancy an cheesy night out lots of cheap bars and a few bad clubs.

I used to go all the time when I was at school. Now most of the pubs appear to have changed. However , some nice ones have sprung up (Barking Badger, coctail bar (forgoten its name and a few more. It's got a better variety of bars than Sheffield but not as good.

If you like a nice pub then the Royal Oak on Chesterfield Rd (10 mins from town) is good and the Golden Fleece and Rutland in town are good.

also you get a lot of live gigs around town.

Originally posted by robbie

this may help you as well

Big thanks for all that Robbie. Funny when you read that guide to Chesterfield it doesn't sound that bad at all! One of the lads from the company worked over there a couple of years ago and it was he said it wasn't that good, he preffered Sheffield said there was loads more going on.

All in all didn't wan't to move but you've gotta make the most of it!

Thanks again:clap:

Dronfield's got some really good pubs and restaurants but it's not so good if you want a big night out. There's plenty of quiz nights on in the pubs if you're into that!!! The Green Dragon is particularly good and a lot of people in their 20s and 30s go there.

If you want to go to club's, etc it's better to go into Sheffield and strangely a taxi from Sheffield to Dronfield is cheaper than a taxi from Chesterfield to Dronfield!!!

Originally posted by daverity

Thanks for the reply commuter. No I'm not a folk person more rock, R n B type of music but if nothing else I can give it a try. If you've any ideas where you get some decent live R n R around please let me know, ta for that:thumbsup:

If you like rock music there is corporation in sheffield. I think its a good night on a saturday but there are people who will argue with me on that!! check out http://www.corporation.org.uk

Taxi from sheffield to chesterfield is £13.50. Might be cheaper to dronfield. to justify this its £1 to get into corp before 10 and £5 after and bottles of carling are £1.50 and they do deals on spirits. It closes at 2.30am.

i enjoy my saturday nights!!

Im actually from Dronfield myself ,so ill give you a run down on the pubs(dont know where abouts your moving too so ill do all)

Dronnie Woodhouse

Hearts of oak - middle age pub ,can get busy can be dead ive been in there when its packed but also when me and my friends have been the only ones in there , open til 12 im lead to belive now at weekends and quite popular kakeoke(spelling)

Miners (or should that be Minors?)

The new young pub in dronfield , not a bad thing as all are aged 18-24ish lively a decent laugh,also has a decent beer garden with park thing and a pool table

Talbot Arms

Mixed age range ,a good mix of people , only pub in dronfield with a snooker table in it ,does decent meals and has screens for football althought im not sure if theyve renewed there liecence.Quiz on sunday

Jolly Farmer

Biggest and most popular pub in dronfield .Not to my fav but too many old middle age middle class trying to be upper class types for me ,more expensive than the rest but regular quizes , pool table and nive food

Dronfield "central"

Queen Vic

Just dont , never busy or only is when underage loud kids are in (or was last time i went in didnt wanna go again) offered me a can of tetleys,says it all.

Stoops

Under new managment , livley now have TVs for football , always easy to get served has a no smoking room if you want it and it gets busy but never too busy you cant get a seat or a place to stand.Also applyed for 1 am late lecience.

Dragon

Very Busy , Very lively and Very good pub. An old school pub that is quite a vibe to it , quizes on monday and thursday.

Run by Kev gage (same as stoops) and ill say this you'll not get served by anything other than a pair of boobs......

Dronfield Bottom

Grey hound

Under new managment , recently had two rooms knocked in to make one large one , half decent pub.

Coach and Horses

pub with big chairs /sofas but if your under 50 you'll be the youngest in there (im 20 odd so we had one quick un and left)

Bridge Inn

Quite a locals pub that can/used to attrack a few "charracters" havent been in since i was 16 so cant really comment

Sidings

Small Narrow pub but it gets busy and its a nice little pub ,decent terrace outside it.

Swan

Slightly run down but i like this pub two rooms one with pool table and quizes but also a great junk box(onld skool style) with indie/rocknroll/rock music in)

The Ash Tree

Never been in ,never wish too......

The Hallowes

New referb pub ,expensive ,fancy not catered for my type of night out

Hilltop

The Hyde Park

Recently re ferbed , nice pub great beer garden but a pub i dont visit often at weekends so cant make a comment

Coal Aston area

Elm Tree

Old fasioned pub ,dont think it gets that busy ,worth a visit just for a quiet un

Crossed Daggers

Very Local ,type where you get stared at for going in and told off because your sat in "roys chair"

Royal Oak

Local but same as elm tree worth a visit

Cheqers(spelling?)

Pub resturant ,not really worth it unless you want a meal

Ill help you out with resturants IE where they are but cant review them because i dont go out in dronfield to eat unless i have a few bevies and a curry

Archived