Christians,old Beauchief Hotel.

vanjon

A colleague went in last night and apparently Christian did a runner on Sunday. A lady has taken over the restaurant now so I guess it will be a case of what this space so to speak.

I never understood what the crack was with Christians when all the Beauchief Hotel signs were replaced with Christian's ones.

It gave the impression there was no longer a hotel or bar in business, just a posh restaurant.

Apparently Christian Whatshisface held some currency in the world of Sheffield cuisine, hence the name change of the restaurant.

I heard that he left under somewhat of a cloud about 18 months ago, and when we booked a large party in for Xmas 2010 he was no longer there. The meal for such a large party was excellent, although typically expensive for a hotel.

He left and then came back again. The first time he left was after he drank a rather expensive bottle of brandy and then repalced it with tea! Not sure what he's done this time.

Maybe this time he drank a keg of pale yellow straw coloured beer and replaced it with ....:gag:

He's just taking the ....

He left and then came back again. The first time he left was after he drank a rather expensive bottle of brandy and then repalced it with tea! Not sure what he's done this time.

Lol, thats brilliant! Can only imagine what the person that bought the brandy must have said when they tasted it!

Actually I believe it was more drugs related, It is true he did disappear about 18 months ago but when he came back he did seem back on form. I really hope he has not gone back on the drugs again.

I feel really sorry for the staff. My step son is a student who worked hard over the xmas and new year period and he has been informed this week by text message that his job there is no longer available and there are no funds to pay him. So basically he worked over the festive period for free. Shameful !!

• 2 weeks later...

just to let everyone know this resteraunt has been taken over has a new chef and staff the food is all fresh has very polite staff and kitchen staff were quick and food was out of this world!!!

i had dark chocolate brownies for desert =))))))))))))))))))yummy!!!

Archived