Christians,old Beauchief Hotel.

vanjon

just to let everyone know this resteraunt has been taken over has a new chef and staff the food is all fresh has very polite staff and kitchen staff were quick and food was out of this world!!!

i had dark chocolate brownies for desert =))))))))))))))))))yummy!!!

When did you start? Grammar police warning, feel free to use commas and full stops.

When did you start? Grammar police warning, feel free to use commas and full stops.QUOTe always get 1 to**er on a thread and today mate its U!!!! p.s if u look back on posts according to some people on this thread they would have about 20 staff cant someone pay compliment to a nice place without having to be a insider!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/partnership-excited-at-a-fresh-start-for-beauchief-1-4324236

THE landmark Beauchief Hotel is set to enjoy a new lease of life after being taken over by one of the city’s most successful partnerships.

BrewKitchen – an established joint venture between Richard Smith’s restaurant group and Thornbridge Brewery – moved in on Friday, with ambitious plans to revive the business to its former popularity.

The Beauchief is currently closed but it will reopen next month with a classic cellar bar, restaurant, function room, eight bedrooms and offices.

BrewKitchen was approached by owners Sheafbank Investments following the demise of former operators Kenwright Investments Ltd.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/partnership-excited-at-a-fresh-start-for-beauchief-1-4324236

THE landmark Beauchief Hotel is set to enjoy a new lease of life after being taken over by one of the city’s most successful partnerships.

BrewKitchen – an established joint venture between Richard Smith’s restaurant group and Thornbridge Brewery – moved in on Friday, with ambitious plans to revive the business to its former popularity.

The Beauchief is currently closed but it will reopen next month with a classic cellar bar, restaurant, function room, eight bedrooms and offices.

BrewKitchen was approached by owners Sheafbank Investments following the demise of former operators Kenwright Investments Ltd.

Sheffield will soon be adding `in conjunction with Richard Smith and Thornbridge Brewery to its signage!`

Sheffield will soon be adding `in conjunction with Richard Smith and Thornbridge Brewery to its signage!`

That's just what I was thinking Jemson. Still, I have to admit, I'd trust them to make a good job of the Beauchief. They've made a good job of most other things they've turned their hand to.

This is indeed good news for any Sheffielder who likes good food and drink in pleasant surroundings and doesn't need to ask...

"HOW MUCH IS IT" :gag:

Yawn. Variety, spice, life, etc.

I'll still check it out, but too much of a good(?) thing is kinda depressing.

I quite liked enjoying the vibe of The Cricketers one night, the madness that was Gimme The Night (@ Christians) the next. Then perhaps a trip to the (old) Trippets for some bubbly on another night.

Now it's gonna be all so samey sadly.

What people fail to have noticed is that it seems the majority of these 'Thornbridge Pubs' are all still PubCo leases.

The Cricket, Hallamshire and The Greystones are all still Enterprise pubs.

Jim Harrisons accounts show a running loss for his business according to some nationally published articles. Should any of his business situation change and he not be able to continue running the pubs they would revert back to an open market lease bid.

Had he actually bought them and then turned them around I could believe all the hype, but technically he is helping the PubCo out, adding value in refurbs and in sales. Through his investment he free's part of the 'Tie' so he can sell his beer.

well thank god, at least a chef has gone in to make it work as it should have. chris kent is the most over rated chef ive ever come across. he's now opened and closed 2 restaurants in sheffield that have never survived on his cooking abilities.

Archived