O2 Academy dancefloor

Cymraes

Went to Brighton Beach at the o2 Academy on saturday, it's the 3rd time I've been to the o2.

Went to Propaganda on new years eve, and noticed then too that the floor was absolutely soaked in booze.

The dancefloor is disgusting, I wore flat shoes and my tights got soaked (to my ankles) in the horrible sticky smelly boozy substance on the floor.

I haven't been anywhere else in sheffield that's like this, and I'm not being unreasonable wanting to enjoy a night out without up to my ankles stinking of **** and cider.

Surely someone else has noticed this?

Went to Brighton Beach at the o2 Academy on saturday, it's the 3rd time I've been to the o2.

Went to Propaganda on new years eve, and noticed then too that the floor was absolutely soaked in booze.

The dancefloor is disgusting, I wore flat shoes and my tights got soaked (to my ankles) in the horrible sticky smelly boozy substance on the floor.

I haven't been anywhere else in sheffield that's like this, and I'm not being unreasonable wanting to enjoy a night out without up to my ankles stinking of **** and cider.

Surely someone else has noticed this?

ever been to corp? lol

I found this two times in the O2 when me and my friend when to see two separate gigs months apart. The dance floor was ever so sticky on both times we went, and we was early also to see the 1st acts, so i don't know if they use this venue all day has i remember another gig was on after ours we went to.

They clean it every night after gigs & club nights. Then it gets deep cleaned in the day. They cant really clean up whilst gigs are on, its just how things go at gigs really. They try their best when theres a club night on afterwards to clean it the best they can, but they have about half an hours turnaround time.

As for the size issue, you must have been in Academy Two. The main room is huge, the academy holds around 2600!

Its a great asset to Sheffield in my opinion, its brought in great musicians that were too big for Leadmill & too small for the arena.

Archived