Acoustic guitar club anyone?

Hi Guys (and Gals of course). Sorry I haven't posted. Some scumbag knoocked one of my buddies of his bike and put him in intensive care so I have been posting on that site. Hope to see you all on Thursday.

Me.

Originally posted by AndrewC

Prominent chord in linger by the cranberries. I don't really like the chord on its own though.

On of my fave 'set' of chords are the ones used in both 'wish You were here' by pink floyd and 'wonderwall' by oasis.

My favourite chord of all is probably Cmaj7 :D

If we're to get on to favourite chords I think mine is a minor ninth. Probably Dm9. I have no idea where it should fit, but sometimes it just does.

Oh I wish I knew the names of all the chords I play lol I just never took time out with all the theory..I know what they sound like just not what they're called :? does that make me an ill educated guitarist? Oops...sorry...lol

Mind you, before anyone panics, of course I know the names of all the regular chords and their minor counterparts, just not the 6, 7, 9's, dims and all that!

Originally posted by Hoofie

Oh I wish I knew the names of all the chords I play lol I just never took time out with all the theory..I know what they sound like just not what they're called :? does that make me an ill educated guitarist? Oops...sorry...lol

Mind you, before anyone panics, of course I know the names of all the regular chords and their minor counterparts, just not the 6, 7, 9's, dims and all that!

as long as you know those majors and minors - you're sorted. The rest are all just embelishments. A seventh here and there can add a lot mind you.

Didn't neil in the Young Ones once describe Dm as the saddest chord ever?

Erm, favourite chord? Don't know about a favourite but I do like diminished chords and some augmented chords are pleasant. Jazzy ninths are interesting (as are elevenths etc,).

However, I have to admit that despite playing the thing for 22 years, I still steer well clear of anything written in the key of Eb (okay, okay, so it's reach for the capo time. Lazy I know).

Hi all,

It's nice to see a lively music thread happening. I started singing and playing guitar a few years ago, I'm still a bit of a 'shouter' but I reckon my voice is mellowing by now.

Have any of you managed to meet up yet? I notice there was suddenly a lot of interest once this thread got started.

Does anyone in here go to the jam sessions at the Deep End (Hillsborough), I'm usually there every Sunday afternoon.

About favourite chords... I didn't know I had one until I started learning some songs and discovered Cmaj7 while learning Year of the Cat (Al Stewart). I then started noticing it in a few other songs I really liked.

Archived