Where to get a valuation on whisky

I have a bottle of 8 year old Speyside malt whisky which was bottled in 1992 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Royal Air Force Regiment. i have searched all over for a price but to no avail, i remember when i bought it we were told that it was a limited edition something like 500 bottles, and i remember that most of them were drunk almost straight away. I have been very fortunate that my bottle has survived 18 house moves, 1 wedding, and the birth of my daughter, i keep saying that i want to save it for a special occasion, but then i remember that i am not really a big lover of whisky, so it just sits in the cupboard gathering dust. So if anyone could tell me if there is a market for this kind of thing or where to get the best price for my unopened bottle, or is it more of just a sentimental type of valuation. Cheers and thanks for looking.

• 5 years later...
I have a bottle of 8 year old Speyside malt whisky which was bottled in 1992 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Royal Air Force Regiment. i have searched all over for a price but to no avail, i remember when i bought it we were told that it was a limited edition something like 500 bottles, and i remember that most of them were drunk almost straight away. I have been very fortunate that my bottle has survived 18 house moves, 1 wedding, and the birth of my daughter, i keep saying that i want to save it for a special occasion, but then i remember that i am not really a big lover of whisky, so it just sits in the cupboard gathering dust. So if anyone could tell me if there is a market for this kind of thing or where to get the best price for my unopened bottle, or is it more of just a sentimental type of valuation. Cheers and thanks for looking.

Not wanting to throw cold water on your heirloom, but there is one snag.

What you have is not rare whisky. It is just a rare label on a standard bottle of malt. So unfortunately unlikely to offer much of a premium over any other bottle of similar malt. If it had been a special recipe or blend that might be different.

Some while ago I had a personalised bottle of 15 year old Glengoyne given to me as a present. Now that is rare as it is the only bottle in existence, although there are probably 20,000 others that are identical apart from the label.

Cheers for the interest but i would rather hold on to it for now, i'm still trying to get a rough valuation though

Not a problem. I actually have a bottle myself. I'm looking for one as a replacement for a friend who lost his bottle when his house was burgled. If you do decide to sell, I'm willing to purchase - give me a shout. Cheers