Are you also fed up of inappropriate self-promotion?

DumDom

Now I love the Bohemian restaurant, but I am so fed up of them forever "touting" the restaurant on here.

Anybody else feel the same?

So much so it is putting me and a load of friends off even going back there.

It's a good restaurant, great food, lovely staff so let the food speak for itself

STOP TOUTING !!!!!!

Now I love the Bohemian restaurant, but I am so fed up of them forever "touting" the restaurant on here.

Anybody else feel the same?

So much so it is putting me and a load of friends off even going back there.

It's a good restaurant, great food, lovely staff so let the food speak for itself

STOP TOUTING !!!!!!

Yes it's a bit overly desperate, isn't it?!

It is often fairly inappropriate to the thread in question too... for example there was someone asking for the best place for a Sunday Roast in the City Centre... :suspect: they were certainly not after a veggie place 2miles away :roll:

When threads in the Wedding group get hijacked by adverts like that, those threads are removed.

I'm all for businesses promoting themselves... but sometimes when they post on inappropriate threads it does start to grate.

What so businesses can't promote themselves?

There is promotion, then ther is overkill and this is a very fine line thay seems to be crossed here..

As Katie_23 quite rightly said, someone asks for a good restaurant for a Sunday Roast and up they pop, they are a veggie restaurant for gods sake. I don't think people generally include a Nut Roast in Sunday Roast otherwise they would specify, vegitarian.

Dumdom is quite right puts me off going if they are so, so desparate . I've been several time to The Bohemian and loved it every time but makes you wonder why they hijack almost every thread when someone asks for a recommendation.

Sure you don't all work for Loch Fyne? If there is a single establishment on here that over promotes its self, thats it!!

Good luck to the Bohemian, it's bloody hard work running a small independent so I don't have a problem with a bit of self promotion.

Haha... or maybe it's an incredibly sneaky cunning ploy BY The Bohemian??!!

All publicity is good publicity right?!

And most threads that are started with negative comments about something invariably draw out all the people that disagree and stick up for it!

;):P

If you think that a user is overstepping the mark of what is appropriate on promotion then please let the moderating team know by pressing the report button.

The mods aren't psychic, they don't read every thread and because we are a reactively-moderated forum they're reliant on people pointing them at trouble spots. Please help them along by sharing your opinion on people who break forum rules with them :)

If you think that a user is overstepping the mark of what is appropriate on promotion then please let the moderating team know by pressing the report button.

The mods aren't psychic, they don't read every thread and because we are a reactively-moderated forum they're reliant on people pointing them at trouble spots. Please help them along by sharing your opinion on people who break forum rules with them :)

Yeah good point meds - although I'm not sure if they are being so bad as to actually break rules... it was more of a personal gripe of mine (I can be a bit pedantic!)

Like when someone says for example "can you recommend me a pub that serves good food & is dog friendly" and someone actually bothers to waste their time by saying "XX is a great pub - I've never tried the food though, and I'm not sure if they let dogs in..."

I'm like :loopy: yeah, well done! Great help. :rolleyes:

Archived