Are you also fed up of inappropriate self-promotion?

DumDom

To be honest haven't been on in SF for a while now but in the last couple of days have seen inappropriate posts. ie someone looking for a function room for a party and they pop up??

Now they've started serving meat I may take a wander down there as I have heard their food is very good :)

Thank you to all those who have supported us in this thread.

It's hard enough being a small independent bussiness with out getting torn apart on this forum.

If at times we have posted soemthing in middle of trying to serve customers and have got it wrong then i must appologize!! so i do! there you have it!

As far as promoting the bohemian then i dont feel bad at all about trying to get the word out. how many indipendent vegi or vegan places last without making the most of whats at thier disposal??

Are we the only catering bussiness posting on this forum??

Further more we only try to reply to those post that are relevent to the bohemian ie sunday lunchs, room hire ect ect. yes may be some times we might be off the point, but may be we can help out for another occasion!!:smile:

Now I love the Bohemian restaurant, but I am so fed up of them forever "touting" the restaurant on here.

Anybody else feel the same?

So much so it is putting me and a load of friends off even going back there.

It's a good restaurant, great food, lovely staff so let the food speak for itself

STOP TOUTING !!!!!!

Funny.... only 9 posts on the forum and slating someone !!!

I find Bohemian posts useful, informative and not repetitive.

Funny.... only 9 posts on the forum and slating someone !!!

I find Bohemian posts useful, informative and not repetitive.

Actually I was not slating them, as I have said I enjoy going there, BUT they do seem to hijack a great deal of threads, many which are inappropriate.

Room Hire for instance, do they have a room to hire,? I wish they did because then you could have more people there to enjoy what they do well, vegitarian food.

All I have said is that I think it reeks of desparation, and as a person who frequents many restaurants it makes me wonder, WHY.

Most restaurants survive on "word of mouth" recommendations, not by reading that the restaurant is good, and certainly not from the restaurant itself over promoting itself.

Actually I was not slating them, as I have said I enjoy going there, BUT they do seem to hijack a great deal of threads, many which are inappropriate.

Room Hire for instance, do they have a room to hire,? I wish they did because then you could have more people there to enjoy what they do well, vegitarian food.

All I have said is that I think it reeks of desparation, and as a person who frequents many restaurants it makes me wonder, WHY.

Most restaurants survive on "word of mouth" recommendations, not by reading that the restaurant is good, and certainly not from the restaurant itself over promoting itself.

Rooms to hire are available upstairs. Answering questions or giving information to post which have relevance to The Bohemian is not hijacking. We dont want to enter a slanging match but if we are put down unfairly we will respond. You say you love the bohemian but give negative and unfair comments. Most of our business is word of mouth and the forum helps us as it helps many other businesses.

I would much rather see honest self promotion and its nice to see the menus etc. What I hate are new forum members going on about how great a place is.

Take note Glamour Chic, now 4 posts all about how wonderful Christian's restaurant is. This is a sure way for me never to set foot in there!

Its a fine line really isn't it.

There have been a couple of places on here, in my memory, that have endlessly self-promoted and not come off very well in the end as people appeared to have got a bit sick of it.

On the other hand, the Bohemian is, I think, a local independent business and is surely worth more of our support than, perhaps, the chain restaurant that is also hawking itself on every "going out" thread at the moment (eg; Question: "I want somewhere in Hillsborough that caters for vegans" Answer:"hello, here at Loch Fyne we're neither in Hilsborough nor vegan, but hello! we're here, come and eat here!!")

Perhaps if the Bohemian were to input something to the forum rather than just use the free advertising they might not seem as irritating (and I speak as a fan of the place)

Its a fine line really isn't it.

There have been a couple of places on here, in my memory, that have endlessly self-promoted and not come off very well in the end as people appeared to have got a bit sick of it.

On the other hand, the Bohemian is, I think, a local independent business and is surely worth more of our support than, perhaps, the chain restaurant that is also hawking itself on every "going out" thread at the moment (eg; Question: "I want somewhere in Hillsborough that caters for vegans" Answer:"hello, here at Loch Fyne we're neither in Hilsborough nor vegan, but hello! we're here, come and eat here!!")

Perhaps if the Bohemian were to input something to the forum rather than just use the free advertising they might not seem as irritating (and I speak as a fan of the place)

thank you! what a wonderfull person you are!:love: thanks for the positive input you have made to this thread! will take your advice gladly! :)

This is a pointless thread - the Bohemian is a business and businesses have to promote themselves in some way so go figure why a Sheffield business promotes themselves on a forum about Sheffield. And yes I know that I'm echoing what others have said above but this thread annoys me! :hihi:

Dum Dom indeed. :)

Archived