Car trouble, any advice welcomed

My daughter has a daewoo matiz, she has called to tell me it is broke and needs my help, her interpretation of the prob is that it wont move and feels like it has been clamped (it hasn't tho..lol) as it has been stood for two weeks could it be the brakes that have seized? and if so how do i release them, if i get underneath it and squirt wd40 all over, will this work :suspect:

It sounds like the back brake shoes have rusted to the drums, try moving car in reverse and forward gear to try to release, otherwise removing the rear wheels and hitting the drums with a hammer should work

mel

My daughter has a daewoo matiz, she has called to tell me it is broke and needs my help, her interpretation of the prob is that it wont move and feels like it has been clamped (it hasn't tho..lol) as it has been stood for two weeks could it be the brakes that have seized? and if so how do i release them, if i get underneath it and squirt wd40 all over, will this work :suspect:

why don't you suggest she get herself a bicycle

she wouldn't have to repair it and it would be great for the environment :thumbsup:

Go easy on hammer though id use a mallet or hammer shaft or a piece of wood and hit that with hammer against drims .unless things are really bad.

ok thanks....but i cant imagine them being seized on that tight...its only been stood two weeks.....when i take the wheel off...do i hit that drum type housing, i think it normally has four screws holding it in place, or do i have to take it off...as you can guess i know nothing about cars :(

Archived