Looking for any friends/family of the late Marti Caine please

Neiljc

• 1 year later...
It was Lynn Shephard, married Malcolm Stringer, my sister used to go to school with her and when I was very little my sister and I went to tap dancing class run by a lady known as Aunt Sally, think it was Sally Carmichael, somewhere at Firth Park or Sheffield Lane Top, remember getting batter bits from the chippy at Firth Park on the way home, and Lynn was also one of the pupils there.

Coddy is quite right. I went to Sally Carmichael's Dancing Class which was held at the Bellhouse Road W.M.C in the 60's. Lynn was on the 'big girls line-up' when my cousin and I were very young and singing in front of most of the line-ups. The class was later held at Wincobank Chapel. Aunt Sally lived on Shiregreen Lane a short distance from the Shiregreen W.M.C. where The Full Monty was filmed. Sadly, Sally died over 10 years ago.

This info. might help. I was recently watching a programme with Lenny Henry in it and he had been looking for footage of when he was on New Faces - he eventually discovered that Bob Monkhouse had a recording of the programme in his archives and at last he was somehow able to see it. Maybe if you contacted his office/agent they could help you find what you're looking for.

I know time's gone by since the above post, but thought I must say that Bob Monkhouse recorded hundreds of hours of t.v. programmes! His house and a big shed in his garden, which was specifically built as an overflow, were packed wih recordings.

p.s. never saw her on stage, but Marti on tv shows brightened up my life bless her!

Archived