Losing Weight - I want to give up

I have just got up and had two slices of bread with butter on and it was quite thick and a packet of wotsits:confused:

I know I'm singling out this comment, but come on, that's nothing. You probably burn more cals than you absorb eating those puffs of air. And two slices of bread and butter.

Don't beat yourself up.

I have no deep seated emotional issues that get me to get up in the middle of the night and eat. My habit of eating is really just that a habit. I must admit that lots of people eat when they are bored and this is the case with me sometimes even, espicially when I cant sleep. Im sure everyone one can associate with eating when bored.

I have no deep seated emotional issues that get me to get up in the middle of the night and eat. My habit of eating is really just that a habit. I must admit that lots of people eat when they are bored and this is the case with me sometimes even, espicially when I cant sleep. Im sure everyone one can associate with eating when bored.

My dear, you hit the nail on the head! When we do the same thing again and again, it does become a habit! I figured I could develop good habits or bad ones.

I've started exercising again after not exercising for a long while due to some physical issues I was having that have since been resolved. I've never been what you would call a gym rat, but I was active, and I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy it. A friend got me going to a class she takes, and I really miss it when I can't go. Exercise gives you more energy and you'll sleep beter, too.

And I hear 'ya on eating when bored. I also used to have a hard time when my children were small. I'd find myself in the kitchen making a peanut butter sandwich for someone and eating when I wasn't even hungry.

Self improvement is a journey with ups and downs, and we're often hardest on ourselves. Just do the best you can, it will get better. :)

My dear, you hit the nail on the head! When we do the same thing again and again, it does become a habit! I figured I could develop good habits or bad ones.

I've started exercising again after not exercising for a long while due to some physical issues I was having that have since been resolved. I've never been what you would call a gym rat, but I was active, and I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy it. A friend got me going to a class she takes, and I really miss it when I can't go. Exercise gives you more energy and you'll sleep beter, too.

And I hear 'ya on eating when bored. I also used to have a hard time when my children were small. I'd find myself in the kitchen making a peanut butter sandwich for someone and eating when I wasn't even hungry.

Self improvement is a journey with ups and downs, and we're often hardest on ourselves. Just do the best you can, it will get better. :)

same for me. I really enjoy going to the gym now !

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I'm not a dieter myself (although i could do with losing a few pounds) :)

Anyway , a good friend of mine has discovered a revolutionary weight loss and anti-ageing program.

He's had a lot of success stories from his clients. And has even appeared in the local press.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/video/How-to-lose-6-stones.4878734.jp

If anyone is interested , please PM me and i will pass your details on to him.

Good luck

Dave.

HI all im back lol.

Its now April and I have just had my 35th birthday. I didnt lose the weight for the function in March, I was acutally heavier. I have just had a private mess from someone who has lit my fire again, lol.

One good thing is that Im running evey other day now and am getting better at it and really enjoying the feeling it gives me. On the down side though, the last few nights have been really bad with my night eating. I need to nip this in the bud and am sat here thinking Im not going to eat, and Im not going to cause im not hungry. Im gonna try and get to Weight Watchers tomorrow night but dont know if I will go cause I have to pay £5.50 just to be told I have put on weight and to me its a waste of money.

So wish me good luck and im enjoying the running and its a thing im keeping up and keep doing. I hope I can use this mentality in my midnight eating.

Lisa xx

I'd say give up, would you rather be thin and unhappy or fat and happy?

I know which one I'd prefer.

I think the op is aiming towards slim and happy. Giving up will certainly not make the op happy considering being overweight is the problem.

Archived