Discussions, arguments and debates.

Must be the one or two I keep noticing then. Blooming trolls get everywhere these days. And don't even start me off about the missing bicycle thread ... I reckon Discodown has answered your question well enough.

End of topic. Hey mods - this one is ready for the bin.

Must be the one or two I keep noticing then. Blooming trolls get everywhere these days. And don't even start me off about the missing bicycle thread ... I reckon Discodown has answered your question well enough.

End of topic. Hey mods - this one is ready for the bin.

So you think that the missing bicycle thread was serious?:hihi:

So you think that the missing bicycle thread was serious?:hihi:

To be honest with you - I actually ended up crying with laughter by the time I got to the end of it. Excellent work by you and the others. Especially the bit about seeing it on bricks with the wheels missing. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

10 out of 10.

To be honest with you - I actually ended up crying with laughter by the time I got to the end of it. Excellent work by you and the others. Especially the bit about seeing it on bricks with the wheels missing. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

10 out of 10.

He wasn't serious about the bike....was he?:suspect:

This is purely my opinion.

A discussion is an attempt to resolve a difference by finding a mutually beneficial solution to both parties

A debate is merely two parties taking opposing viewpoints and attempting to prove one side of a scenario is prefereable to the other and no mutual benefit is sought

An argument is two parties getting emotionally involved and taking a position where no resolution is necessarily sought but damage is the desired result to the other party

Your definition of debate is pretty much my definition of argument. You can't have a debate without putting forward arguments! Arguments definitely do not have to be emotional.

Your definition of debate is pretty much my definition of argument. You can't have a debate without putting forward arguments! Arguments definitely do not have to be emotional.

You are jsut trying to turn a harmless debate or discussion into a fully blown argument. Not very civil of you old chap.

Archived