Old Woolworths on The Moor

sheff utd

The thing with Peacocks and Home Bargains is the things are cheap and also good quality!!!! Just a shame Peacocks stopped doing kids clothes, and lets be honest both shops trade next to each other in the hillsborough shopping hall and must do a bomb so I think opening them up in town is a great idea.

Home bargains used to be down the Moor anyway so not surprised they will be opening it back up. When the markets are done down there it should be a nice walk down "The Moor" I for one look forward to it :-)

I am not familiar with Peacocks. Does anyone know anything about the ethics of this company?

Not good I'm afraid - the reason they are called Peacocks is because the founder of the company (Sir Reginald Dirtywater III) had a penchant for spending, ahem, 'sexy time' with that particular breed of bird.

Also, all their clothes are made by disadvantaged kids in Rotherham who are paid in 'Rotherham Dollars' which are really old potato skins covered in wax.

Sheffield is full of scrubbers... as the person said 99% of people who ask for anything on this forum starts with Cheap......... wanted..... Somtimes you have to pay for quality. The moor is for scrubbers... fact... Home bargins... £1 shop... Brilliant choice... Give me Leeds or Manchester anytime...

Why pay more than you have to? I buy a well-known name showergel regularly in Poundland. Checked the price in another shop and it was a good bit more expensive.

Home Bargains also sold the designer-name fragrances if I remember rightly. Why pay double (or more) the amount in other shops? Or is this just to show the world that a designer fragrance has been bought and is carried in a posh shop carrier?

I also like Leeds and Manchester but...not over and above Sheffield. Ive always loved Sheffield City Centre and always will.

It will be great actually if a Peacocks opens as not only do they have good clothes at sensible prices, they also do student discounts.

Sh2006.

I shop at sainsburys and morrisons but I also shop at netto, I use surf liquid which averages about £3 for a 730ml bottle a couple of weeks ago I bought a 5 ltr bottle from netto £6, even if I were a millionaire I would still shop for a bargain, why not !

The boutiques etc are all up Division St, West St, etc.

There cant be upmarket shops and boutiques on every street and corner....go look for them, they are definitely there!

As for the discount stores, why the hell shouldn't people get things cheaper?

I went into Poundland the other day to stock up on my radox shower gels and Charles Worthington conditioners, etc. Rather pay a quid than 2, 3 or 4 quid in Boots or Superdrug.

I dont know what perfect little corner of the country you arrived here from a year ago, but if Sheffield is so trashy and downtrodden, then Im sure your little piece of heaven must be missing you.

well said ! :hihi:

Archived