Old Woolworths on The Moor

sheff utd

well, having lived here for a year, it's pretty clear that there is a reason why you are getting a peacocks and not a harvey nicks - people are only interested in cheap when they are shopping in sheffield.

just look at this forum - every post asking about where to get something, from headphones to food, rarely fails to ask for it to get something 'cheap' as opposed to where can i get the 'best' of something.

when first casting my eye around sheffield, i though about how nice it would be to open a deli / cafe type shop, selling local cheese, local products and bits and pieces. however, i have abandoned the idea completely - it wouldn't work in most of the suburbs i have looked at.

cheap cheap cheap.

lol I made the exact same observation. I completely agree.

Was going to start a thread on it but you know what people are like haha

lol I made the exact same observation. I completely agree.

Was going to start a thread on it but you know what people are like haha

well, i'm saying no more - i have no wish to be the subject of any more accusations of snobbery. :D

i'm off to buy cheese in a gold leaf box off of a milkmaid. arf.

Sheffield is full of scrubbers... as the person said 99% of people who ask for anything on this forum starts with Cheap......... wanted..... Somtimes you have to pay for quality. The moor is for scrubbers... fact... Home bargins... £1 shop... Brilliant choice... Give me Leeds or Manchester anytime...

You call sheffielders scrubbers and then you go and meantion Leeds :hihi: they breed them in Leeds lol

The boutiques etc are all up Division St, West St, etc.

There cant be upmarket shops and boutiques on every street and corner....go look for them, they are definitely there!

As for the discount stores, why the hell shouldn't people get things cheaper?

I went into Poundland the other day to stock up on my radox shower gels and Charles Worthington conditioners, etc. Rather pay a quid than 2, 3 or 4 quid in Boots or Superdrug.

I dont know what perfect little corner of the country you arrived here from a year ago, but if Sheffield is so trashy and downtrodden, then Im sure your little piece of heaven must be missing you.

I don't like the way The Moor looks, but do just the same as you by stocking up on things like shaving foam, deodorant, batteries etc; at Poundland. I can afford Boots prices as I can afford bus fares, but I still use my bus pass. It's only human nature to take advantage of a bargain after all,

sorry moke but i go to the moor shopping because l live near to it and atkinsons is not a discount shop if you have not noticed and other towns have discount shops

if you want to set up a business like yours try the devonshire quarter, ecclesall road areas you obviously have not looked around that much

what is wrong with peacocks there is a gap just a liittle higher up on the moor please open your mind and have a proper look around sheffield has been in a bad place but they are now redoing it

Well, here's one scrubber who's going to be a very happy bunny if we do get another Home Bargains on The Moor - I've missed it since it closed down.

Another one for the scrubber club here then:hihi:

I love home bargains, its now replaced poundland as my oh's fave shop since I took him to the one in hillsborough the other week.

All we need now is a home bargains in firth park:hihi:

Archived