Old Woolworths on The Moor

sheff utd

i have been working there today and it is going to be a netto should bring the upper class into town

Splendid!! I like Netto, too.

And it'll be nice to be promoted from "scrubber" to "upper class" just because I shop there. :hihi:

well, having lived here for a year, it's pretty clear that there is a reason why you are getting a peacocks and not a harvey nicks - people are only interested in cheap when they are shopping in sheffield.

just look at this forum - every post asking about where to get something, from headphones to food, rarely fails to ask for it to get something 'cheap' as opposed to where can i get the 'best' of something.

when first casting my eye around sheffield, i though about how nice it would be to open a deli / cafe type shop, selling local cheese, local products and bits and pieces. however, i have abandoned the idea completely - it wouldn't work in most of the suburbs i have looked at.

cheap cheap cheap.

Gosh you really are up yourself aren't you? Don't forget we have all wet our nappies at one time or another.

Gosh you really are up yourself aren't you? Don't forget we have all wet our nappies at one time or another.

No he/she isn't. All they are asking is for a choice of shops. I buy my toiletries from the pound shop because they are cheaper. Anyone who doesn't is an idiot.

However if I want to buy something that is a little more out of the ordinary I have to run 40 miles up the road to Leeds. This is ridiculous. If you want men's clothes you're choice is severely limited if you want something a bit different.

No one is saying that all shops on The Moor should be hideously expensive but also they shouldn't all be at the arse end of High Street shopping either. If you want to attract people to the City Centre then you need to offer many things to many price ranges.

No objection to Nettos but there is no real parking there on the moor for supermarket shopping and there is a Netto not far away in Queens road so why are we getting a Nettos?

For the city dwellers perhaps? There is a massive 2-level Aldi superstore right in the middle of Manchester.

Look at the way Primark was dragged down when that first opened. Most people wouldn't dare admit to shopping there! (okay....some people still dont! ;) ).

Now, you find models in magazines modelling the latest stuff and celebs admitting to shopping there. It has stores nationwide, (even in London...oooooh!!!!) and sales continuously go through the roof.

This is a cheap shop. You find customers from all backgrounds shopping there, from your students, scrubbers, stuck-up snobs.........;)

Take away all the discount shops and cheap outlets....and watch Sheffield City Centre die. Sheffields inhabitants cant help who we are! (Some of us arent blessed with phd's and fantastic jobs, loads of money and a snobbish attitude).

We have to get by on what we have, and if that means paying a tenner for a top, as opposed to eighty quid, or a pound for a bottle of shampoo instead of forking out £4 for the same thing a few doors down, then thats how it is, Im afraid.

Archived