The Sheffield gay scene part 2

max

Hi guys sorry to take over your thread but after reading all this about no Gay bars etc i really dont feel this is right at all.At the moment i organise ladies events shall we say with Drag artistes etc so what im proposing is a Gay event everymonth what do you think? If so what would you like there a band,drag plus good music to dance the night away pls get in touch to chat further or add me on facebook sarah fairest barlow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

where do u do the ladies nights ......do u mean women only ???????????

Bright Phoebus is a new folk club night at The Boardwalk - very gay friendly. The next guest is Chris While (gay) and her daughter Kellie While next Monday 6th Sept. There's morris dancing, and support from celebrity All Stars (Martin Simpson, Jon Boden (of Bellowhead), Fay Hield and loads of other folk lovelies.

It'd be great to see some people there xx Tix from we got tickets . com

morris dancing are you kidding:confused:

Climax has been going down the pan for a fair few months to be quite honest. I like the event very much, but it's the same every 3rd Friday, same music, same set out, same everything. I also think there is something wrong with the drinks, lager is ALWAYS flat, I don't just mean most of the time, but ALWAYS.

I am also glad to hear about Affinity being changed, the first owners had no idea. Sanctaury is also best of closed, the location is **** and the venue is ****. I have no idea to why they keep the place open as a bar/nightclub, because the only thing it could be good at is being a restaurant.

Affinity - Never busy

Xes - Drug den

Lair - Disgusting

Dempsey's - Rip off.

Climax - Same every month.

It's all a mess at the moment and for one am hating the scene.

me too iv hated the scene for ages only go out partying out of town now seems to be NOTHING here for lesbians unless your into dumpseys and the ones you mentioned above

hey guys! there's a new gay friendly night starting at plug 29.10.10

I know there's alot of people out there that arent really up for something new but this is going to be great. Thousands of pounds have been spent on it and i think everyone in out community should show our support. It's a night for everybody and an excuse to dress up as the launch party is a twisted mad hatters tea party featuring award winning entertainers TWISTED ENTERTAINMENT.

find us on facebook. search REVOLUTION. and get involved.

bar 360 - good music good pre bar. x

Well i ended up in Affinity for the first time on sat nite after ANOTHER STR8 nite out & wot a let down it was, 1245 we arrived & there was only a dozen people in. Downstairs was closed so got in for free ( told & read was £3 entry ) Music was decent tho:D but was shocked so dead It did improve around 2am but even so WHERE YA SUPPOSE 2 GO if want a drink in a gay bar b4 midnight thats has decent music & people in it.

Dont like the music in Lair anymore since changed it, past few times it was ****e music ie "whats this ****e on now " we 'd say so not bothering there anymore.

Will never go again to DUMPSEYS as name says all, so is that it now doomed??? I loved the old Affinity but that closed & relocated to a smaller venue well esp the bar upstairs.

I so remember even in early 2000 the scene was decent we had Poptastic for a few years at NCFPM:love: then Fuel came along for another few years Then it was gone:( the new Sanctuary is NOW closed & going back to be a str8 bar :( ( so read on here) so ave to stick to str8 bars 4 a nite out :rant: ......gr8.

Guess just have to wait once a month for Climax nite, rest of month am str8 for nite out. THX U SHEFFIELD.:help::help::help:

Yoshi i agree with u on sanctuary but the rest is ******s and you carnt say xes is a drug den because drugs happen every were you go

Xes- wicked if its your type of music

Depmseys - always busy

Affinty - lush

Lions - couldnt tell ya

Climax - getting better

my post was the one about partying out o town and there being nothing for lesbians i was agreeing with original poster about xes etc .......look above mine

No, it is a recent rumour based on some previous experience they have had.

Looks like I had heard right maybe!

hey guys! there's a new gay friendly night starting at plug 29.10.10

I know there's alot of people out there that arent really up for something new but this is going to be great. Thousands of pounds have been spent on it and i think everyone in out community should show our support. It's a night for everybody and an excuse to dress up as the launch party is a twisted mad hatters tea party featuring award winning entertainers TWISTED ENTERTAINMENT.

find us on facebook. search REVOLUTION. and get involved.

me too iv hated the scene for ages only go out partying out of town now seems to be NOTHING here for lesbians

There is now a monthly Girls LGBT night (Girls and male guests welcome): GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, at Penelopes opposite Affinity and next to the O2 Academy, next one Friday 1st October.

Doors 9pm, finish 3am, last entry 1am.

£5 (£4 NUS)

http://www.myspace.com/sheffieldgirls

See the seperate thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=645565 for details about the new Revolution Night at Plug!