The Sheffield gay scene part 2

max

If they are sensible they will open in the day time but I fear that they will be like all other night clubs gone before and like the other ones on West Street and only open at night :-(

Only Dempseys seems to follow a good business model , open 365 ,almost all hours, and is all things to everyone ... hence it is still around !!! :love:

If they are sensible they will open in the day time but I fear that they will be like all other night clubs gone before and like the other ones on West Street and only open at night :-(

Nightclubs normally only open at night; that's why they are called "night" clubs.

I don't think OMG is claiming to be anything other than a nightclub. From what I can tell from their website, their other clubs are only open at night.

Edited by EarthBoy
spelling

Sheffield Pride

15 hrs ·

Dear Sheffield

It is with heavy hearts that the current management team of Sheffield Pride has to say goodbye.

Having been running Pride for the last 4 years, we've spent a lot of time and effort putting on events, but the time has come for us to move onto other projects.

We are hopeful that one of the other LGBT groups in Sheffield will take up the mantle - the facebook and twitter accounts and website will be ready and waiting for you!

If any other LGBT group or group of individuals does want to take on running the event, please do get in touch and we will arrange to hand things over.

We would like to thank all those that have supported us over the years. Members of the community, our volunteers, our partners and sponsors and other local organisations, without whom none of these events would have been possible.

All the best

Sheffield Pride

A big thanks for all your efforts over the last 4 years. Sadly I have been unable to attend the last 3 year's Pride events due to work and family commitments.

I volunteered on the first 2 years Pride events & know how much work goes into organising these events.

OMG's licence also seems to be Wednesday Thorough Sunday. Closed Mon Tues maybe?

It had a lot of objections to the weekend 4am licence, including the Green councilor. It was still granted.

Strange why would it be a problem on West street.

Rocky Horror Climax tonight guys! :hihi:

The bold is the only gay place in Sheffield, OMG is opening up at Halloween.

Is this still happening? Its strange the website still says nothing about a venue that's supposed to be opening in 2 days.

Why cant gays market anything properly? :(

Twitter: Nothing

Facebook: competing with massage parlour with exact same name

Edited by avalunche

Sooo has the big opening happened at OMG ? I wonder how it went and what first impressions were of this club ??? my dog was poorly and I could not make it ....

Overall not bad. Music was decent and as you would expect on opening night it was busy. They 'created' a queue for an hour or so around 11 when really there was plenty of space inside still. The entry was £5.

The drinks are more expensive than Dempseys £3.90 for Amstel and £4.70 a double and you can't drink while smoking, instead having to leave your drink on a table with hundreds of others. Not safe or advisable!

When it is full it will be good, when it is not so full it will feel a bit cavernous. Even when very busy last night there was still lots of empty space upstairs and tons of space to sit down. They had loads of bar staff so you got served pretty quick, but I doubt they can afford to run every night with circa 17!

A big group of lesbians gave the door staff some work to do around 2 when they all decided to kick off outside. But there were several door staff to try and keep them apart.

Overall a reasonable night. Need to wait and see what it can do mid week and when it is not so busy. But the smoking and pricing will definitely have some locals preferring Dempseys still.