Holiday single supplements.

Sounds good, but don't you find it lonely travellong alone and sitting down to eat by yourself?

well usally i go with my freinds and they have a double room and mine is a single but from the times i have gone alone ive always found loads to chat with plenty go alone on holidays these days

Not on package deals. You pay per person and that is why you pay a supplement if their is reduced occupancy of the room.

In Tenerife my OH and I stayed in a one bedroomed apartment that slept 3 people (a sofa bed in the living room was the third bed) and we had to pay a supplement for reduced occupancy of the apartment.

• 4 weeks later...
Not on package deals. You pay per person and that is why you pay a supplement if their is reduced occupancy of the room.

where do you stand if you have booked a holiday for 2 of you. All booked and paid for, all inclusive. But then the 2nd person isnt now going?

Have you to pay extra?

In Tenerife my OH and I stayed in a one bedroomed apartment that slept 3 people (a sofa bed in the living room was the third bed) and we had to pay a supplement for reduced occupancy of the apartment.

Book the apartment separate, you pay a flat rate for the week no matter how many people stop there, then book your flights separate and your taxi transfer, i have done this loads of times and saved £100's on the cost of the holiday!!

where do you stand if you have booked a holiday for 2 of you. All booked and paid for, all inclusive. But then the 2nd person isnt now going?

Have you to pay extra?

No, why would you if its all paid for?!

Unless you mean you managed to get a partial refund for the second person....

Arnt package holidays normally priced PP based on X amount of people staying in the room. Example, 14 night hotel sleeping a max of 2 people somewhere on the Med cost £800, flight cost £300. Cost of holiday £1100 if I just went on my own. If priced PP based on 2 people sharing, the cost would be £700, hence why it looks like a person going on their own is paying a £400 supplement.

Archived