Parr/Cox Aldred Family Tree Help.. A bit of a long shot!

Starlet83

I am having massive trouble getting information on my mums maternal grandfather.

I have 3 different surnames for him. I have found a death registered under one of the names for roughly the right year.

A bit of long shot but I was wondering if anyone was also researching the same line and had a copy of the death cert. I want to know the name of the informant.

The details for the cert are

Thomas Coldwell Parr died 1975 in Barnsley. He was believed to have been born in the Conisborough area.

My mum said he used the names Thomas Aldred, Thomas Cox, Thomas Parr and Thomas Parr-Cox.

Any help greatly appreciated

Here is his birth (I think)

Parr Thomas Coldwell Barnsley 9c 214 Jan/Feb/March quarter of 1904

here is his death

Thomas Coldwell Parr

Birth Date: 22 Feb 1904

Death Registration Month/Year: Oct/Nov/Dec 1975

Registration district: Barnsley

Inferred County: South Yorkshire

Volume: 3

Page: 0094

You could buy the certificate with these details to find the name of the informant

And here is what might be his marriage

Thomas C Parr

Spouse Surname: Ragan (Winifred)

Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1928

Registration district: Barnsley

Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire - West Riding

Volume Number: 9c

Page Number: 554

Hope some of this helps

Sorry,.....its complicated

Thomas is my mums grandfather, he was know as a few names and my mum and uncle argue where he was born too, mum says Conisborough uncle says Barnborough, I am using ancestry and am struggling to find a solid link I know is him with any of his names.

I found Thomas Coldwell Parr who died at roughly the right time and was born within a year of my Thomas so I thought if I could get some information on the informant then I would know if it was sound information.

But you have quickly come up with more information and that info has ruled him out straight away.

So now I am back to the drawing board.

No one can tell me why he used so many names and it is proving flustrating!!

Archived