Fitting LED flashing lights to a car

perfectly legal :D

Road Vehicle Lighting Regs 1989.

Orange warning beacons not be used lit except:

(i) at the scene of an emergency

(ii) when it is necessary or desirable to warn persons of the presence of the vehicle; and

(iii) in the case of a breakdown vehicle, while it is being used in connection with, and in the immediate vicinity of, an accident or breakdown, or while it is being used to draw a broken-down vehicle.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_4.htm#%28Tiii%2926requirementaboutusewarningbeacon

Actually you can drive with an amber beacon on if you are travelling less than 20mph or are a highway maintenance vehicle, or of similar nature, like crane's etc.
I was refering only to this part below though there not to be used for normal driving around.

"Lol you could just buy one of those magnetic amber flashing beacons"

I dont want to chav up my car. I simply need to light it with flashing warning lights.
Oh hahaha thought it was a custom job just read back should have known Amber lol.I had Amber LED light like the one on your link but not sure if i still got it or gave it away will have a look tomorrow if i can get into shed that is.

Ive been quoted £200 for supply and install by someone. I think that's a little steep, so im probably going to buy the LED's myself and then do some soldering!
loads on ebay by the way.

Could,nt find the Amber warning light been informed i mave have left it on the recovery trailer when it was sold soz.

loads on ebay by the way.

Could,nt find the Amber warning light been informed i mave have left it on the recovery trailer when it was sold soz.

Okidoki. No problem! :) Ive had a quick look on Fleebay and bought some from China for a fiver, so i'll see if these are any good and then perhaps buy some more!

Archived