Why aren't there more people using these

Because little old ladies with grey hair and brown coats nick them?

This is a bicycle, too.

(It's a bit easier to get to Sheffield on that one than it would be on the one which the little old lday (allegedly) nicked from you;)

The link is a motorbike :loopy::loopy:

Not a bicycle :loopy:

The link is a motorbike :loopy::loopy:

Not a bicycle :loopy:

Your point has already been addressed ... I thought you were an expert on bicycles? - Surely you know how many wheels they've got? If you look at the tax disc for a motorcycle you will see that the 'Class of vehicle' says 'Bicycle'

But thinking about transport:

My main form of transport is my legs. - I happen to enjoy walking (As do my dogs.) Most of the places I want to go are within 5-10 miles of where I live, so my legs are quite adequate. If I need to go shopping (and around here, people don't do a 'weekly shop', they tend to buy for a couple of days at a time) legs work. If I need to buy a lot of stuff (and typical purchases include half a ton of paving slabs) I use my wife's car (making a couple of trips.) If we both want to travel a longish distance, we go by car.

I use my motorcycles if I'm travelling alone for more than about 10 miles - though at this time of year, the snow precludes that so I go by public transport. - I'm fortunate; I have good access to cheap and reliable public transport. If I wanted to go to Sheffield (on my own) in summer, I'd use my bike. A push-bike would not be feasible.

If I lived in Sheffield, I would seriously consider buying an electric push-bike (or even an electric motorcycle) for local travel. Electric-assisted bicycles don't pay road tax, they're cheap to run and although they won't go too fast up some of the hills, they would take some of the effort out of the journey.

Archived