What business would you start?

If you had the chance and the conditions were perfect to do so, what business would you start?

Is it a far fetched dream or will it happen one day?

If it a far fetched dream, what preventing you from making it a reality? Money, family, lack of skills, fear of failure.... other reasons?

I'd start up a sandwich shop! lol! You'd be surprised how much people pay for a sandwich at lunchtime when its the only place open.... :)

The only things preventing me from doing this are:

~my age

~no money to start business up with

~no idea how to do business calculations....or any other calculations for that matter...

~I know I can do better than be a sandwich shop keeper!

I would start a pharmaceutical company which would find a way of creating a pill which reduces the amount of time required to sleep. E.g. if taken it could speed up the bodily functions that take place during sleep and halve the amount of sleep required, so the average 8 hour night would become 4. You would wake feeling just as revitalised as you would after an 8 hour night. The result? More leisure time, less stress, better work - life balance.

Think i'd like to open a pool hall,then just spened all day running racks of 9-ball!

Seriously though,i think i you opened a high quailty pool hall that used all the top-spec table/cloths/facilaties then i think you could make a real go of it.As for whats stopping me doing this:-

1)Complete lack of business knowage.

2)Complete lack of finacial knowage.

3)Complete lack of money!!

Originally posted by caprice

I'd start up a sandwich shop! lol! You'd be surprised how much people pay for a sandwich at lunchtime when its the only place open.... :)

The only things preventing me from doing this are:

~my age

~no money to start business up with

~no idea how to do business calculations....or any other calculations for that matter...

~I know I can do better than be a sandwich shop keeper!

Start a Subway franchise ;)

you'd make headlines!

If its placed correctly any bank would give you a startup business loan...

I dunno...

It'd have to be to do with books and music.

But I wouldn't want to be taking people's money for profit.

It would have to be some kind of co-operative library type place I think.

With conversation clubs for people who want to improve their English, mother and baby stuff, youth groups, that kind of thing too.

An all round positive community building type project really.

We would also have a fair trade cafe :)

Archived