Sheffield School Project - Fargate

BigJoe

Hi there Everyone

My name is Joe, I'm a trainee art teacher from Sheffield. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a project i want to run with the sixth formers at my school.

The idea is to take a good example of a nice building that has been affected by a horrible shop front. They will redesign the shopfront to make it more in line with the original architecture. Scouting around Sheffield over Christmas I decided on setting 9 Fargate as the target building (now Virgin media). Great building, ghastly shop front :)

mrmartinez.info/far.jpg

I'm struggling to find any info on when this building was made or anything about its history. I'll be going down to city hall to find out some of this later on in the week. But Does anyone know any other info. I've been told it might have been a survivor of the blitz.

If anyone can help me out I would be really grateful, or if anyone knows of any Sheffield historians I can get in touch with that would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone

Joe

Archived