The Royal Junk Mail

Tony

I've noticed that I receive only junk mail on Tuesday's, with no real mail. This cannot be a coincidence but I'd like to know who sanctioned this policy of not delivering the Royal Mail in preference to junk mail one day a week.

You didn't get any Normal mail because no one sent you any. Royal mail have always delivered six days a week as part of their contract.

truman, I've opted out by using the mail preference service. RM shold know full well what I don't want.

How does MPS work? Do the mailing companies get a list of addresses that have registered and so should not be used?(Similar to TPS?)..How do RM know about this? Do they also have a list and have to check every item of mail for those addresses to ensure none get through? I would think it's the first option..the fault will lie with the mailing companies...I could be wrong of course ...If an item of mail has your name and address then you'd expect RM to deliver..or are you only receiving things with no name/address or just "The Occupier"? Also I think MPS will only work with companies in the DMA...not all Direct MArketing companies are members..

truman, I've opted out by using the mail preference service. RM shold know full well what I don't want.

Redyam, have a read what I said again. I've noticed that we only receive junk mail on Tuesdays. Of course, it could be a massive coincidence but it's the established pattern.

you have to opt out with royal mail, its separate to the mps. They make it very difficult because they are arses!

llamatron, ah!

truman, I see your point but you'll see mine too. Royal Mail shouldn't see themselves as exempt from the rules that everyone else is supposed to follow.

I'm not saying they are....as I said I don't know how MPS works...I always thought that the onus was on the mailing companies not to include you on their lists if you were registered...blaming royal mail is a bit like blaming BT if you receive marketing phone calls if you're with the TPS...if you're receiving junk mail addressed to you from a member of the DMA then obviously the MPS isn't working...I don't know how you can stop mail addressed to you from non DMA companies..

Not quite true. That only works for unaddressed mail. So, for example, the twice-weekly junk pile I receive from Virgin Media would get through as they're addressed to 'The Occupier, 10 Anywhere Street', as opposed to just 'The Occupier' with no address stated.

TBH, it hasn't really worked as well as I first thought. I thought it'd gone down a bit but I think there must have been a lull. Despite opting out I get so much junk with "Delivered by Royal Mail" on it, I'm considering removing the letterbox.

Bloody Virgin Media. If I'd ever considered switching to them for my broadband their incessant junk mail campaign has got rid of that notion.

Agree'd, they're particularly bad. It's not like their offers aren't pretty crap aswell so it seems so counter productive.

Archived