When did these city centre shops finally close for good?

Sheff2006

Im curious to know when the shops below finally closed their doors for good. Can anyone help me on this please?

Burtons Menswear (Haymarket branch)

C&A (was it still open as c&a after the hole-in-the-road was filled in?)

Bradleys Records (Chapel Walk branch)

BHS (Haymarket branch)

Concept Man? (Fargate, I think this became River Island but roughly where Clintons is on Fargate now. Concept Man definately had a downstairs sales floor if this info helps)

Also, was there a Chelsea Girl shop in Sheffield? If so, where was it and when did it close?

Many thanks in advance!

Sh2006.

I remember going in to C&A just before Christmas 2000, and it was on it's last legs, everything was reduced etc.

I think Bradley's must have packed in by the mid to late 80's. I remember when there were 3 branches.

Im curious to know when the shops below finally closed their doors for good. Can anyone help me on this please?

BHS (Haymarket branch)

Concept Man? (Fargate, I think this became River Island but roughly where Clintons is on Fargate now. Concept Man definately had a downstairs sales floor if this info helps)

Also, was there a Chelsea Girl shop in Sheffield? If so, where was it and when did it close?

Many thanks in advance!

Sh2006.

BHS on haymarket shut down in the late 90's was open but on last legs as a discount store around 1996

BHS (Haymarket branch)

Many thanks in advance!

Sh2006.

chelsea girl was on the haymarket originally closed years ago

BHS (Haymarket branch)

Many thanks in advance!

Sh2006.

Burtons Menswear (Haymarket branch) Never seen one there - lived here for 13 years and shopped here for 20...

C&A went under many moons ago - became Primark almost immediately after it closed, although it was still C&A when the hole in the road was filled in...

Bradleys Records (Chapel Walk branch) - Never knew this shop at all...

BHS (Haymarket branch) Closed about 8/9 years ago??

Concept Man? (Fargate, I think this became River Island but roughly where Clintons is on Fargate now. Concept Man definately had a downstairs sales floor if this info helps) - Never knew this shop...

Chelsea Girl is the same as River Island - think the CG shop was where New Look now is though, rather than where RI is now... Know we were without a Chelsea Girl/River Island for a few years, but CG had rebranded to RI before it closed on Fargate - Def RI 20 years ago...

Ooh thanks everyone for the info!

Im very surprised that C&A lasted upto around Christmas 2000. Used to go in there a lot just to see what rubbish they had got and that was well before the hole got filled in!

Totally forgotten that BHS Haymarket changed into that discount shoe place. Only ever went in there once, so bad never again. How long did it last as the shoe shop? What was it called?

If Chelsea Girl was off Haymarket, could it have been up that street (with no name!) behind Primark - where Jonathan James is now?

Sh2006.

Ooh thanks everyone for the info!

Im very surprised that C&A lasted upto around Christmas 2000. Used to go in

If Chelsea Girl was off Haymarket, could it have been up that street (with no name!) behind Primark - where Jonathan James is now?

Sh2006.

That street with no name is King Street