Broadfield rd club

lubylou

Does anyone remember the Broadfield Rd working mens club? Did you go to it? My dad was a member ther maybe in the late 70,s, we used to go every Saturday night, i remember they played bingo and all the kids used to go round collecting the bingo tickets afterwards to play with, there was a guy used to go round selling sandwiches in a basket, i always had a corned beef and piccallilli :D. Also, they used to do day trips regular aswell, went on a few of those. And my dad always let me have a snowball, i thought they were great. Good times :)

I remember the club well as i lived in the area. I wasnt a regular but went in now and again. This club was great in the day with some great turns. Around the time you mention there was a bloke called Fred wright who was a regular who your dad might remember. Fred had a corner shop on Derbyshire lane. I think the club is still there but the building is now part of a builders merchant.

Edited by only_me

I remember the club well as i lived in the area. I wasnt a regular but went in now and again. This club was great in the day with some great turns. Around the time you mention there was a bloke called Fred wright who was a regular who your dad might remember. Fred had a corner shop on Derbyshire lane. I think the club is still there but the building is now part of a builders merchant.

Sadly my dad passed away last July, so i cant ask him, but i remember 1 turn that used to do a Bridget the midget routine :hihi:

Sadly my dad passed away last July, so i cant ask him, but i remember 1 turn that used to do a Bridget the midget routine :hihi:

Sorry to hear that lubylou, im sure like myself you will hold on to the fond memories of your dad. If you can remember the club well there was a entrance at the front a type of small foyer. Around the mid 1970s me and some mates would sneek in and throw the firemans switch (switch off the electric). This would be when the club turn usually a pop group was halfway through a song:suspect: One saturday we were chased right down heeley bottom by some kind of glam rock group:o The good old days lol.

Edited by only_me

Sorry to hear that lubylou, im sure like myself you will hold on to the fond memories of your dad. If you can remember the club well there was a entrance at the front a type of small foyer. Around the mid 1970s me and some mates would sneek in and throw the firemans switch (switch off the electric). This would be when the club turn usually a pop group was halfway through a song:suspect: One saturday we were chased right down heeley bottom by some kind of glam rock group:o The good old days lol.

Thanks, yes i do remember the good times with my dad, this is why i posted about this club as we used to have a really good time there as a family, i remember the entrance part yes, you naughty boy :hihi: