Half Marathon Training

scottf

I live in Lodge Moor just off Crimicar Lane.

Yesterday's run - which ended up being bang on eleven miles - took me city-bound along Redmires Road/Sandygate Road, down Coldwell Lane and along the A57 Manchester Road to Ladybower reservoirs.

I turned left over Ladybower Viaduct, past the Yorkshire Bridge and I came to a halt at a lay-by near Bamford.

I had forgotten what a laborious climb it is from Rivelin Post Office to Moscar Heights. However, it was an enjoyable run even if it was so cold that sweat on my legs turned to icicles. (I kid you not!)

PS. I weighed myself when I got home and am proud to announce that since the start of the year I have lost a stone!!

Nice route sounds like you really into it just be carefull not to overdo it an get injured like I often do when I get in the zone so to speak,particularly when running on road/pavements.

Yeah - i confirmed my entry on friday- just the training to do now!

Still plenty of time but you need to get some mileage under your belt.

I did 28 miles last week. On Wednesday I've another 11 miler to do but if this weather keeps up it should be a lovely run!

Still plenty of time but you need to get some mileage under your belt.

I did 28 miles last week. On Wednesday I've another 11 miler to do but if this weather keeps up it should be a lovely run!

Tell me about it! Im doing 5k in the mornings x3 a week and then a 10k at the weekends but im going to start to slowly increase the milage in the next few weeks.

As you said- it makes a change being able to go after work when it still light, it makes you feel so much better than having to get up at the crack of dawn to run when its light.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

I am looking for a place in the half-marathon. I will be running to raise funds for the Chilean Earthquake Appeal on behalf of the Sheffield-based Chile Sports & Cultural Development Association. You can see info. about the organisation here: chilescda.org

Needless to say, I would reimburse entry fee and you would have my eternal gratitude.

I would really appreciate it if people could pass on this message if they hear of anyone dropping out.

Many thanks

Fran

Archived