Pub to watch Sky Sports News

R.Majewski

Egg chasing at the Fox and Duck at the moment sadly. In fact it seems to be in most places...

Why can't people just realise that knowing that A Trialist has just bagged one for Annan Athletic in a 7 - 2 defeat to Keith is far more important, and exciting, than watching Jonno's posh lads grinding out boring wins against Italians.

Huge respect for pubs that keep Soccer Special on throughout the 6 Nations!

***update***

We decided to pay Trippets a visit on Saturday, lovely little place, real ales and the screen to ourselves. One minor problem being that it didn't open till 3.30! :huh:

We ended up in.....Walkabout for the first half an hour where someone charged my comrade 10 for 3 drinks and then someone threw up on the floor for no particular reason. :help: What a hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree on The Riverside. It is my local and they have sky sports news on a big screen for the footy on a saturday afternoon. The other big screen can then be used for the rugby or whatever. Large range of real ales and continental hand pulled and bottled lagers.

I'm in there most saturday afternoons to see if my footy accumulators have come in - which they almost always havnt......:(

Cheers

John

If you are in the Netheredge vicinity, why don't you try the Netheredge Hotel & Tavern. Serves real ale, also Moonshine at the moment. Free newspapers. No riff raff, at all. Sky sports news, nice civilised atmosphere, with a nice beer garden that can be used now that the weather is warming up.

Archived