Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

Think about what??.. please tell me which type of paedophiles I shold allow in my house with my kids

Danot...sorry but this argument is getting a little messy and I do wish to debate.

In answer to your above question. Do you allow men around your children, men you do and don't know. My guess is you do. Now..how do you know what those men are thinking about your kids sexually. In fact do you know what their thinking full stop about anything? The only thing you know what their thinking is what they want you to know...would you agree with this?

Danot...sorry but this argument is getting a little messy and I do wish to debate.

In answer to your above question. Do you allow men around your children, men you do and don't know. My guess is you do. Now..how do you know what those men are thinking about your kids sexually. In fact do you know what their thinking full stop about anything? The only thing you know what their thinking is what they want you to know...would you agree with this?

We're not talking about men or the risk they pose to children. we're talking about paedophiles and the risk they pose to children. What i've been reading tells me that some of you would not necessarily brand a paedophile that only thinks obout having sex with children a severe threat.

We're not talking about men or the risk they pose to children. we're talking about paedophiles and the risk they pose to children. What i've been reading tells me that some of you would not necessarily brand a paedophile that only thinks obout having sex with children a severe threat.

oh bejeezus!

Ok..I'm gonna try and make this much simpler.

Lets remove the emotive subject of paedophilia for a moment because it is actually a distraction.

Can I ask you...have you ever been duped? Conned? lied to? only to realise further down the line that you had been?

It's not a trick question...honest.

oh bejeezus!

Ok..I'm gonna try and make this much simpler.

Lets remove the emotive subject of paedophilia for a moment because it is actually a distraction.

Can I ask you...have you ever been duped? Conned? lied to? only to realise further down the line that you had been?

It's not a trick question...honest.

Yes, more times than I care to mention

Of course its morally wrong the day before they turn 16, what kind of a question is that??

So in the example I gave (the 15/16 year old page 3 girl voted on by grubby men) it is OK for a man to fantasise about having sex with a girl whilst masturbating over her topless picture once she is 16 but the day before, when he voted for the girl to bare all he was wrong?

I'll wager anything he'd have been more than happy to get the eyeful the day before. Legality and morality are completely separate issues. It's the mindset of the man that is in question.

Anyway this thread has veered off track from the OP's point about things not always being black and white. For the record I think there is a world of difference between someone who thinks about doing things and someone who acts out those desires. It's to do with self control and personal morality.

So in the example I gave (the 15/16 year old page 3 girl voted on by grubby men) it is OK for a man to fantasise about having sex with a girl whilst masturbating over her topless picture once she is 16 but the day before, when he voted for the girl to bare all he was wrong?

I'll wager anything he'd have been more than happy to get the eyeful the day before. Legality and morality are completely separate issues. It's the mindset of the man that is in question.

Anyway this thread has veered off track from the OP's point about things not always being black and white. For the record I think there is a world of difference between someone who thinks about doing things and someone who acts out those desires. It's to do with self control and personal morality.

The girl being 15 is irrelivent to the question being asked.. what if they'd asked whether she should do it when she's 17.. 20.. 30.. ??

The girl being 15 is irrelivent to the question being asked.. what if they'd asked whether she should do it when she's 17.. 20.. 30.. ??

Or...

A man sees a photo of a sexy topless 18(ish) year old woman, he has impure thoughts, my guess is 90% of men would if they found her attractive.

Guess what, she looks a hell of a lot older than she actually is, she is really 15, so 90% of men are paedophiles then?

It's not irrelevent at all. The reader was told she was 15. The reader was asked if they would like to see her topless on her 16th birthday. The reader looked at the picture of the 15 year old and fantasized about seeing her breasts. Just because by the time she bared all she actually was 16 makes no difference to the fact that the bloke wanted to see a 15 year old topless.

Archived