Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

What do you mean i'm showing myself for who I really am??.. You brought the 14 year old into it. I was asking why you had changed the scenario that I was previously discussing.

The above scenario is mine...I just made it up. Try answering rather than avoiding.

That's is a self evident truth, is it not - since thoughts are harmless.

It is indeed only when a paedophile turns thoughts into actions that they represent a risk.

I would say that its only when someones child has been sexually abused or raped that their sexual desires becomes apparent. We can't look at paedophiles like we look at hetrosexuals/homosexuals/Bisexuals.. they desire to have sex with our children.

Because of the above? Paedohpiles by their very nature are VERY difficult to read. How many have you reported? How many of those you've reported been convicted? And on what basis did you make the complaint?

By the way..no one is accusing or suggesting anything.

Yes, a paedohphile that does not want to be detected can be very difficult to identify, but so could anyone that pretends that butter would'nt melt...

It does'nt make their desire to have sex with children any less vile

And you'll find nothing iv'e said which would suggest anything else.

C'mere you... mmmmmmmmmwwwaaaa!!

Sorry. I hadn't read the entire thread when I posted (I hadn't read any of it actually):D.

In answer to the OP, I have no idea why some people refuse to acknowledge the grey areas. But I sincerely hope that people like that never get called for jury service.

We're not discussing people that desire rape of a none consenting adult. we're discussing people that desire to have sex with a consenting child.

You're wrong, actually.

You may want to discuss paedophilia, however, the thread is (in reality) about (some) people's inability to not see the complexities of our world and our interactions within.

BTW. Your post is also factually incorrect, in that a child can not give consent to sexual contact until the age of 16.

Sorry. I hadn't read the entire thread when I posted (I hadn't read any of it actually):D.

In answer to the OP, I have no idea why some people refuse to acknowledge the grey areas. But I sincerely hope that people like that never get called for jury service.

You're wrong, actually.

You may want to discuss paedophilia, however, the thread is (in reality) about (some) people's inability to not see the complexities of our world and our interactions within.

BTW. Your post is also factually incorrect, in that a child can not give consent to sexual contact until the age of 16.

What is the legal age then??.. because thats news to me!!

What is the legal age then??

You obviously can not read:

because thats news to me!!

NEWSFLASH:

The Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 2000 thus equalised the age of consent at 16 for all sexual acts (including, for the first time, lesbian acts).

Full history of the age of consent can be found here.

Seems a little odd that you're arguing about a subject that you know little about.

You obviously can not read:

NEWSFLASH:

Full history of the age of consent can be found here.

Seems a little odd that you're arguing about a subject that you know little about.

In which post did I claim that the legal age of sexual consent was'nt 16??..

In which post did I claim that the legal age of sexual consent was'nt 16??..

Read from post 184 (the one where I quoted you saying "we're discussing people that desire to have sex with a consenting child.").

I then mentioned that a child can not consent until 16.

You then asked: "What is the legal age then??.. because thats news to me!! "

Which clearly implies you do not know the age of consent.

BTW. Your (mis)use of the apostrophe is quite astounding. Well done:hihi:.

Archived