Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

Read from post 184 (the one where I quoted you saying "we're discussing people that desire to have sex with a consenting child.").

I then mentioned that a child can not consent until 16.

You then asked: "What is the legal age then??.. because thats news to me!! "

Which clearly implies you do not know the age of consent.

paedophiles usually groom the kids that they abuse because they know them, alot of kids are taken in by their lies. Are you suggesting that every child that they abuse are 16, and the younger ones are all toddlers??

Are you suggesting that every child that they abuse are 16, and the younger ones are all toddlers??

Obviously not. What I am saying (not suggesting at all) is that you fail to recognise the fact that under 16s can not give consent, which you clearly state in this post.

You're still failing to see you own factually inaccurate post which lead to me posting (for your benefit as you didn't seem to understand your own words) a quote from wikipedia explaining the age of consent in England.

<Simple Mode>

"sex with a consenting child."

See the bold bit above???

You're implying that a child can give consent. Something forbidden in law. Therefore, no consent can be given by a child (as you are saying when you said "a consenting child").

</Simple Mode>

See?

Obviously not. What I am saying (not suggesting at all) is that you fail to recognise the fact that under 16s can not give consent, which you clearly state in this post.

You're still failing to see you own factually inaccurate post which lead to me posting (for your benefit as you didn't seem to understand your own words) a quote from wikipedia explaining the age of consent in England.

<Simple Mode>

"sex with a consenting child."

See the bold bit above???

You're implying that a child can give consent. Something forbidden in law. Therefore, no consent can be given by a child (as you are saying when you said "a consenting child").

</Simple Mode>

See?

Oh dear!!..:rolleyes: Ok, i'll rephrase it. They would like a child to willingly agree to have sex with them.. is that factually correct enough for you??

Not really, it's still your beliefs about the thoughts of an entire group of people

And secondly, thats what iv'e been doing.. addressing my concern over the thoughts of an entire group of people... have you not guessed who they are yet??

As has been said many times - if they've only thought about it, for one.

But more to the point, that wasn't my point, which was how do you know that they want a child to consent?

Of course they do otherwise they would'nt bother grooming them??

Like iv'e already said, their sexual behaviour can't be looked at like everyone else's.

Of course they do otherwise they would'nt bother grooming them??

Like iv'e already said, their sexual behaviour can't be looked at like everyone else's.

Erm. Philip Garrido for one didn't bother grooming Jaycee Lee Dugard. Same with Fritzl. Ergo not every pedophile wants consensual sex with children.

Can you feel the black and white mixing into grey yet?

Archived