Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

No, I haven't *guessed* who they are

Just to claify why I contributed to this thread. My contribution to this thread has been based on my personal view that any individual that finds children sexually attractive, whether they've actually abused or not, are vile paedophiles and should be thought of as such. I don't care if they have no control over the way they think. I don't care if they only go as far as watching their child abusing films of drool over their sick pictures. I find the very concept of what they think about kids to be vile. And no amount of research or scientific studies on why they do what they do will ever alter my view about them being vile.

Erm. Philip Garrido for one didn't bother grooming Jaycee Lee Dugard. Same with Fritzl. Ergo not every pedophile wants consensual sex with children.

Can you feel the black and white mixing into grey yet?

I don't care what colour it is, my only concern is that kids are the unfortunate chosen objects of their sexual desires.

Just to claify why I contributed to this thread. My contribution to this thread has been based on my personal view that any individual that finds children sexually attractive, whether they've actually abused or not, are vile paedophiles and should be thought of as such. I don't care if they have no control over the way they think. I don't care if they only go as far as watching their child abusing films of drool over their sick pictures. I find the very concept of what they think about kids to be vile. And no amount of research or scientific studies on why they do what they do will ever alter my view about them being vile.

Not that it's your fault any more than mine, but that way of thinking - i.e. 'It's evil, full stop' and the calls for ever increasingly barbaric punishments that tend to accompany it don't actually help children; they make it harder to find and take appropriate action with paedophiles and certainly much harder for those who may be troubled by thoughts of children in a sexual context to ask for help.

Not that it's your fault any more than mine, but that way of thinking - i.e. 'It's evil, full stop' and the calls for ever increasingly barbaric punishments that tend to accompany it don't actually help children; they make it harder to find and take appropriate action with paedophiles and certainly much harder for those who may be troubled by thoughts of children in a sexual context to ask for help.

Agreed!!

But like I said ealier, I would prefer to get it wrong a thousand times, than let one of them abuse one of my kids. I know it's not the ideal attitude to have, but it suits the world i'm living in.

ahhh its either because they live in their own little world and can't understand people

or because of the way they have been brought up to view people and they have a very strict black and white way of thinking and anyone who doesn't fit into their norms are stupid.

ahhh its either because they live in their own little world and can't understand people

or because of the way they have been brought up to view people and they have a very strict black and white way of thinking and anyone who doesn't fit into their norms are stupid.

And whats the norm???... If I was to describe an act of stupidity, I would describe a person that behaves like a shrinking violet when caught wearing nothing other than their underwear, even though they find nothing wrong in walking around in public wearing identical garments during summer or on holiday or in public swimming pools.

Does this sound like anyone you know???;)

And whats the norm???... If I was to describe an act of stupidity, I would describe a person that behaves like a shrinking violet when caught wearing nothing other than their underwear, even though they find nothing wrong in walking around in public wearing identical garments during summer or on holiday or in public swimming pools.

Does this sound like anyone you know???;)

Err, no.

What a strange response. Init's post referred to people who think in black and white terms as thinking people who don't fit into 'their norms' are stupid.

In other words, the norms which they themselves believe.

Err, no.

What a strange response. Init's post referred to people who think in black and white terms as thinking people who don't fit into 'their norms' are stupid.

In other words, the norms which they themselves believe.

Err, yes.. I know!!. Hence the wink;)...??.:rolleyes:

Sometimes Halibut, you can completely miss the obvious in your haste to put someone in their place.

Sexuality is a broad spectrum, little understood by psychologists.

If someone happens to have a sexual preference for children, that does not make them necessarily "wrong" in the head or evil in my opinion.

It is merely inconvenient that the people from which pedophiles would require consent to satisfy their sexual desires are below the legal age thereof.

I've heard some excuses in my time:roll: You are going into politics I presume.

Archived