Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

Just to claify why I contributed to this thread. My contribution to this thread has been based on my personal view that any individual that finds children sexually attractive, whether they've actually abused or not, are vile paedophiles and should be thought of as such. I don't care if they have no control over the way they think. I don't care if they only go as far as watching their child abusing films of drool over their sick pictures. I find the very concept of what they think about kids to be vile. And no amount of research or scientific studies on why they do what they do will ever alter my view about them being vile.
I find sexual attraction to children also to be vile but here's a question i pose to you.

Imagine an individual who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children fully understands that the attraction is very harmful to both them and any children they're attracted to. Imagine if the individual vows never to act on the attraction because of their realisation that such desires are wrong to the point where you will never suspect them to be attracted to children in anyway? How would you deal with such a person? What exactly have they done wrong if they fully understand such desires are harmful and will never act on them?

;5955076']I find sexual attraction to children also to be vile but here's a question i pose to you.

Imagine an individual who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children fully understands that the attraction is very harmful to both them and any children they're attracted to. Imagine if the individual vows never to act on the attraction because of their realisation that such desires are wrong to the point where you will never suspect them to be attracted to children in anyway? How would you deal with such a person? What exactly have they done wrong if they fully understand such desires are harmful and will never act on them?

So you're asking me.. how I would deal with a person that I would never suspect of having sexual desires for children????.:confused:. I would'nt need to deal with such a person would I??:huh:. But that doesn't alter my opinion of them being vile.

So you're asking me.. how I would deal with a person that I would never suspect of having sexual desires for children????.:confused:. I would'nt need to deal with such a person would I??:huh:. But that doesn't alter my opinion of them being vile.
Exactly, at some stage it is most likely that they will act on their perveerted feelings.

Archived