Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

I also find "unnatural" a very problematic word to use. What may be unnatural to you and I will feel perfectly natural to someone else.

Not all pedophiles are predatorial, just as not all heterosexuals are with their sexual "targets". Of course, many pedophiles will understand and accept the laws in place to protect children. That is completely separate from the desires that exist in someone's mind.

Anyone who becomes sexually aroused by a six ot seven year old is a sick puppy and would be better off seeing a psychiatrist to see if these unnatural desires and feelings can somehow be treated.

Oh Yeah I know I'm a blinkered ignoramus, one to be pitied in the so called enlightened world of "Intellectual social tolerance" but I'm proud of it anyway.

I'll bet if you made the same statement in your original post to a roomful of ordinary everyday people picked at random from the street you'd get a much worse response that I gave you.

Think how nice it must be though. They say that a lot of people are driven crackers by continually trying to work out every detail of something, it must be nice to have one set of morals, one set of Do`s and Donts and a definate image of good and bad to live by.

As opposed to someone whose brain exists in a perpetually confused gray area so much so that even the patently obvious is no longer a matter of realty

As opposed to someone whose brain exists in a perpetually confused gray area so much so that even the patently obvious is no longer a matter of realty

Well yeah there is that too. Theres always a real danger of people becoming so divorced from reality that they hang onto the most ridiculous theories and morals like grim death, we see it all the time in life and on fora.

Again it all comes down to moderation. The trick is to actually know where "Moderation" is in the vast spectrum.

Well yeah there is that too. Theres always a real danger of people becoming so divorced from reality that they hang onto the most ridiculous theories and morals like grim death, we see it all the time in life and on fora.

Again it all comes down to moderation. The trick is to actually know where "Moderation" is in the vast spectrum.

As "moderation" applies to the subject of pedophiles the word does not exist.

There is no gray area here. I'd like to see any judge taking a "moderate" view of any person accused of the sexual molestation of a child.

Moderation is quite in order when the issue (as opposed the the thread subject) is something that is not an obvious affront to the recognized laws of human decency and moral responsibility

There is no gray area here. I'd like to see any judge taking a "moderate" view of any person accused of the sexual molestation of a child.

Moderation is quite in order when the issue (as opposed the the thread subject) is something that is not an obvious affront to the recognized laws of human decency and moral responsibility

Yup, its one subject thats a definate black and white as far as I`m concerned.

Make all the excuses in the world for them and that doesnt change a thing, a kids life was still wrecked so an adult could have his or her jollies.

Remember that book that was written a few years ago? Some paedo claiming that paedos have trouble showing their love so the only way they CAN show it is to .... well, you know... get a kid.... If I remember rightly he had a lot of defence on this forum.

I wonder if the threads atill around somewhere...

Yup, its one subject thats a definate black and white as far as I`m concerned.

Make all the excuses in the world for them and that doesnt change a thing, a kids life was still wrecked so an adult could have his or her jollies.

Remember that book that was written a few years ago? Some paedo claiming that paedos have trouble showing their love so the only way they CAN show it is to .... well, you know... get a kid.... If I remember rightly he had a lot of defence on this forum.

I wonder if the threads atill around somewhere...

Like a rapist can only show love by attacking some unfortunate female.

Anyway Jabber we're both of a mind on the subject of peds :thumbsup:

I remember a campaign run by The Sun where they asked people to vote on whether a 15 year old girl should strip for page 3 on her 16th birthday.

On day it's paedophilia the next it's titillation. Black and white issue? I'm not convinced.

I'm a bit jealous of people who see things in black and white, it must make life so much easier.

Anyone who becomes sexually aroused by a six ot seven year old is a sick puppy and would be better off seeing a psychiatrist to see if these unnatural desires and feelings can somehow be treated.

Oh Yeah I know I'm a blinkered ignoramus, one to be pitied in the so called enlightened world of "Intellectual social tolerance" but I'm proud of it anyway.

I'll bet if you made the same statement in your original post to a roomful of ordinary everyday people picked at random from the street you'd get a much worse response that I gave you.

Well as I said, sexuality is not yet fully understood. I will remind you, however, of the time it took for society to at least partially understand and accept homosexuality. People rightly acknowledge the criminality behind child abuse (and that's what predatorial pedophilia is), but rarely do we look at the psychological implications where the physical limitations of sexual preference are adhered to.

Have you noticed how, absurdly, it is acceptable for a woman to pose as a "lolita" school girl with pigtails in a blatantly sexual context? This is the hypocrisy of western tolerance in plain sight, since middle aged men are expected to drool over the barely post-pubescent Britney Spears girating in a school uniform. In psychological terms, there is a very fine line between the edges of heterosexual fantasy and pedophilia.

I don't think you're blinkered, but I would hope you at least think about the subjectivity of "natural" and "unnatural" in a psychosexual context, as opposed to the criminality of child abuse, which is a line that isn't necessarily crossed just because someone is a pedophile.

I recommend watching Brass Eye's Pedogeddon. Its satire is aimed at those who conflate pedophilia absolutely with calculated physical abuse.

Well as I said, sexuality is not yet fully understood. I will remind you, however, of the time it took for society to at least partially understand and accept homosexuality. People rightly acknowledge the criminality behind child abuse (and that's what predatorial pedophilia is), but rarely do we look at the psychological implications where the physical limitations of sexual preference are adhered to.

Have you noticed how, absurdly, it is acceptable for a woman to pose as a "lolita" school girl with pigtails in a blatantly sexual context? This is the hypocrisy of western tolerance in plain sight, since middle aged men are expected to drool over the barely post-pubescent Britney Spears girating in a school uniform. In psychological terms, there is a very fine line between the edges of heterosexual fantasy and pedophilia.

I don't think you're blinkered, but I would hope you at least think about the subjectivity of "natural" and "unnatural" in a psychosexual context, as opposed to the criminality of child abuse, which is a line that isn't necessarily crossed just because someone is a pedophile.

I recommend watching Brass Eye's Pedogeddon. Its satire is aimed at those who conflate pedophilia absolutely with calculated physical abuse.

Am I completely ignorant???.. Iv'e watched the brass eye link.. well, most of it, and I just don't get it. Whats it trying to tell us??

Am I completely ignorant???.. Iv'e watched the brass eye link.. well, most of it, and I just don't get it. Whats it trying to tell us??

Well for a start it's supposed to be a kind of grotesque comedy. I mean how can you not laugh at the "man disguised as a school" in order to get closer to kids. But above all I interpret it as a commentary on the hysteria surrounding pedophilia based on society's lack of understanding of sexuality. Notice that the celebs and politicians, who were clearly setup, will say and believe the most ridiculous things scripted to them, simply because the meaning of the word "pedophile" is conflated with predatorial child abuse.

Archived