Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

Well for a start it's supposed to be a kind of grotesque comedy. I mean how can you not laugh at the "man disguised as a school" in order to get closer to kids. But above all I interpret it as a commentary on the hysteria surrounding pedophilia based on society's lack of understanding of sexuality. Notice that the celebs and politicians, who were clearly setup, will say and believe the most ridiculous things scripted to them, simply because the meaning of the word "pedophile" is conflated with predatorial child abuse.

pedophiles look at kids and think phaaaw... I would!!. Am I missing something here??

pedophiles look at kids and think phaaaw... I would!!. Am I missing something here??

Yes, I think you're missing the other posts in this debate. Harleyman initially pulled me up on the hypothetical strawman in the OP that:

Some people who are sexually attracted to children become abusers, therefore pedophiles are evil.

What I'm saying is that this is a typical example of people seeing the world in absolutes, black and white, which is the subject of this thread.

Another way of highlighting the absurdity of the above assumption would be expecting a homosexual male to anally rape you if you deemed their sexuality perverse.

Yes, I think you're missing the other posts in this debate. Harleyman initially pulled me up on the hypothetical strawman in the OP that:

Some people who are sexually attracted to children become abusers, therefore pedophiles are evil.

What I'm saying is that this is a typical example of people seeing the world in absolutes, black and white, which is the subject of this thread.

Another way of highlighting the absurdity of the above assumption would be expecting a homosexual male to anally rape you if you deemed their sexuality perverse.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Even if someone close to me told me...."well I do find children sexually attractive, but I would'nt dream of touching them.. I can tell you now with absolute certainty that they would never step foot in my house again, their feet would'nt touch the ground!!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Even if someone close to me told me...."well I do find children sexually attractive, but I would'nt dream of touching them.. I can tell you now with absolute certainty that they would never step foot in my house again, their feet would'nt touch the ground!!

Why would they even tell you that, knowing the kind of hysteria and controversy that surrounds the matter? If they can keep it to themselves they keep it to themselves.

Why would they even tell you that, knowing the kind of hysteria and controversy that surrounds the matter? If they can keep it to themselves they keep it to themselves.

So what is your definition of(my words) a zero threat pedaphile??

Archived