Why do some people see the world in black and white/simplistic terms?

This thread will undoubtedly continue with an argument over, well, what's been written in the last 3 pages...

No one has mentioned this post.. which if the results were known, could give a clear indication of whether or not there is a grey area. It's a no brainer really.

I remember a campaign run by The Sun where they asked people to vote on whether a 15 year old girl should strip for page 3 on her 16th birthday.

One day it's paedophilia the next it's titillation. Black and white issue? I'm not convinced.

I'm a bit jealous of people who see things in black and white, it must make life so much easier.

I also agree that people who see things in black and white possibly have an easier life.

This thread will undoubtedly continue with an argument over, well, what's been written in the last 3 pages...

No one has mentioned this post.. which if the results were known, could give a clear indication of whether or not there is a grey area. It's a no brainer really.

I also agree that people who see things in black and white possibly have an easier life.

Oooo I dunno ash...check out blade8t1 posts.

I really can't beleive that some of you are perfectly comfortable with the idea that it's ok for someone to find children sexually attractive as long as they keep it to themselves and don't act on their desires.:rant:

Your PC morality as surpassed all my expectations this time.

Oooo I dunno ash...check out blade8t1 posts.

He seems happy with his b+w beliefs. I see very little in black and white. It doesn't make me happy, because it seems to me that more people see things as the OP pointed out, than not. It makes life difficult when you don't think like the majority.

I really can't believe that some of you are perfectly comfortable with the idea that it's ok for someone to find children sexually attractive as long as they keep it to themselves and don't act on their desires.:rant:

I don't think anyone is comfortable with the idea that it's ok for someone for find children sexually attractive. Accepting that it happens, and being comfortable with it, aren't the same thing.

Thankfully, I've never met anyone who has these thoughts, or at least, anyone who has shared these these thoughts with me.

I wasn't not commenting on any other posts. Just Max's one.

What are your thoughts on that?

I really can't beleive that some of you are perfectly comfortable with the idea that it's ok for someone to find children sexually attractive as long as they keep it to themselves and don't act on their desires.:rant:

What are you talking about.."PC morality". I can buy the stuff anywhere..I can even get it free. And it's legal.

If you want to talk morality...look around the sewer you live in. It's all around you, but with blinkers on it just helps you get through the day a bit better?

Personally I'm not interested in acting or policing peoples thoughts or their desires because if that was the case we'd have to lock up 90% of the worlds male population. Thankfully only a tiny minority carry out their desires from fantasy to reality. You seem to be more concerned with those that think...even though you don't know what they think, rather than those that go beyond thought. What's that about?

And to answer your question in post #71

Are you saying the adult is approaching the child as a sexual predator in a visual/physical way? Or are you putting forward your own preconceptions based on what you think he's thinking? (He looks/acts like a paedo so therefore he is one)?

We don't do pitchfork in this country gladly...but many would argue that. That's why we have thinkers rather than blinkers.

He seems happy with his b+w beliefs. I see very little in black and white. It doesn't make me happy, because it seems to me that more people see things as the OP pointed out, than not. It makes life difficult when you don't think like the majority.

I don't think anyone is comfortable with the idea that it's ok for someone for find children sexually attractive. Accepting that it happens, and being comfortable with it, aren't the same thing.

Thankfully, I've never met anyone who has these thoughts, or at least, anyone who has shared these these thoughts with me.

I wasn't not commenting on any other posts. Just Max's one.

What are your thoughts on that?

If they're not concerned about it.. then i'd say they were comfortable.

Regarding Max's post. It's obviously the first line that draws you in[should a 15 year old girl... It's wording is meant to offend.

You're right it's not easy, if fact it can be sometimes very frustrating...I'm not sure I would swap options though.

If they're not concerned about it.. then i'd say they were comfortable.

That's your opinion. To me, it's you taking things out of context.

If you want to use that argument, I'm not concerned about murder, but I'm not comfortable with it.

I can't and won't speak for epiphany. But to me, I'm not reading their posts as condoning/or unconcerned about paedophilia. .. see here

That's why it's not cut and dry.

This thread isn't about the rights and wrongs of paedophilia. We all know it's wrong. The thread is about the issue of seeing things in black and white.

Regarding Max's post. It's obviously the first line that draws you in[should a 15 year old girl... It's wording is meant to offend.

You've lost me there. Is a 15 year [and 364 days] old girl not a child? :huh:

What are you talking about.."PC morality". I can buy the stuff anywhere..I can even get it free. And it's legal.

If you want to talk morality...look around the sewer you live in. It's all around you, but with blinkers on it just helps you get through the day a bit better?

Personally I'm not interested in acting or policing peoples thoughts or their desires because if that was the case we'd have to lock up 90% of the worlds male population. Thankfully only a tiny minority carry out their desires from fantasy to reality. You seem to be more concerned with those that think...even though you don't know what they think, rather than those that go beyond thought. What's that about?

And to answer your question in post #71

Are you saying the adult is approaching the child as a sexual predator in a visual way? Or are you putting forward your own preconceptions based on what you think he's thinking? (He looks/acts like a paedo so therefore he is one)?

We don't do pitchfork in this country gladly...but many would argue that. That's why we have thinkers rather than blinkers.

I don't care if you know where to buy it.

I don't care if it's on every street corner.

Whats that.. I seem to be concerned with those that think about it..??.. too right i'm concerned.

You might not be interrested in what someones thinking while they look at your child in a sexually suggestive manner, but thats you!.

I'd rather get it wrong a thousand times than let one of them abuse one of my kids because I never saw the signs.. but thats me!.

You point the finger at the so called blinkered, yet you still cling to the belief that a child molester will be a man.

That's your opinion. To me, it's you taking things out of context.

If you want to use that argument, I'm not concerned about murder, but I'm not comfortable with it.

I can't and won't speak for epiphany. But to me, I'm not reading their posts as condoning/or unconcerned about paedophilia.

This thread isn't about the rights and wrongs of paedophilia. We all know it's wrong. The thread is about the issue of seeing things in black and white.

You've lost me there. Is a 15 year [and 364 days] old girl not a child? :huh:

Yes, of course she's a child, she'll still be a child at 16. But she'll be of legal age to appear topless. Where did I lose you??

Archived