Is Israel a rogue state?

Rioja

January 4, 1948. Haganah terrorists wearing British Army uniforms penetrated into the center of Jaffa and blew up the Serai (the old Turkish Government House) which was used as a headquarters of the Arab National Committee, killing more than 40 persons and wounding 98 others.

Sounds familiar, what did the British Government do, a strongly worded letter I presume saying, 'Don't do it again or else we might send you another strongly worded letter!!' or even expel a diplomat as they did this time?:roll:

I am led to believe that invading Kuwait was a ploy from the US that involved making a deal with Sadam that he would be a strong componant in the region to balance out the Saudi monopoly regarding US Saudi oil deals.

Correct h2m,

After a decade of receiving a tremendous level of US support, in which the US had allowed Saddam to get away with everything using chemical weapons to heavy-handed oppressive tactics without so much as even a lull in weapons sales, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq (April Glaspie) pretty much gave Saddam the "go-ahead" to invade Kuwait, stating that the US has "no opinion the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait", after stating "I have a direct instruction from the President to seek better relations with Iraq." (38 ). The State Department refused to comment on its accuracy; seeing as it is absolutely in the state department's interests to expose such a libel if it were not true - everything from making Saddam look bad to covering up such initial US support for Iraq - the only reasonable conclusion is that the release is correct. ( http://iowansforpeace.net/writing/iraq_myths.html )

I am led to believe I was told this from someone who I met who had fled the region and settled here. He seemed to know a lot more about it than what the news showed. I don't know if its true, maybe a load of rubarb for all I know.
And the moon is made of green cheese with the world full of human dustbins who'll take anything in.

Sounds familiar, what did the British Government do, a strongly worded letter I presume saying, 'Don't do it again or else we might send you another strongly worded letter!!' or even expel a diplomat as they did this time?:roll:
Thankfully it made them keep their promises and let them set up the promised homeland whilst freeing all the Jews (GCP) held in British run 'Concetration Camps' in Cyprus.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Harvest moon you seemed to have avoided answering this:

Do you think it is right for the Israelis to set up check points that deny Palestinians the right to get treated quickly in hospital should they ever need emergency care?

Also I take it you condone Begin's taking of 91 lives?

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
The Zionist are indeed busy in freeing the Palestinians from hardship of life, so compared to the conditions they are forced to survive in perhaps it is a blessing of sorts you may agree.

Much safer than if the arabs had them.

I suppose you're dumb enough to think that Saddam wouldn't have used them if he'd had them.

'the arabs'? israel has started a nuclear arms race in the middle east - iran will attempt (probably unsuccessfully) to match them, and will do so with the blessing of all who fear Israel -which is most of the people of the world who fear war - nukes aint safe in anyone's possession, let alone those who think their God gave them a piece of land and the freedom to do whatever the hell they choose to keep it.

Archived