Saudi prince involved in servant's death ?

I shall be filling up my tank, alongside Alien, tomorrow.:hihi:

Is it really that newsworthy though?

gay saudi prince batters lover/manservant to death in top london hotel -NOT NEWSWORTHY - that's the story of the year, and ,as BF wisely says, the saudis will hit the roof if one of their rellies does time

If he's found guilty and they establish he was involved in a gay relationship, the roof will come off the palace back in Saudi!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/05/saudi-prince-abdulaziz-killed-servant-court-hears

It was in Bagdad where Achmed met my dad, singing Billy put your ????????, bloody heck I can't for the life of me remember the rest of it. :rolleyes:

The focus of this story is on the fact that the suspect is a Saudi Prince and that there may be some lurid circumstances surrounding the murder.

Seeing as sodomy is punishable by death in the country that his family reigns then yes as a part of the ruling family being charged with murder and being linked to sex crimes on another man it is. Surely the ruling class should follow the laws the rest have to follow.

Seeing as sodomy is punishable by death in the country that his family reigns then yes as a part of the ruling family being charged with murder and being linked to sex crimes on another man it is. Surely the ruling class should follow the laws the rest have to follow.

They're not the laws of this land though (sodomy, that is).

No but they are the laws of the kingdom he is part of the ruling elite of. It's kind of like the Queen going over to Amsterdam and smoking pot. Not illegal but as head of state I'm sure it wouldn't be overlooked.

I see your point. I bet his parents (according to the Guardian link, his mother is the daughter and father the nephew of the King) must be so proud.:o

I wonder if the Saudis will treat us the same way the Libyans treated the Swiss when Gaddafi's son was accused of something similar. They stopped all oil exports to Switzerland and declared a Jihad on the country. The Swiss just shrugged, knowing that the majority of Libyan oil wealth had been illegally deposited in Swiss bank accounts.

This always amazes me, why do people believe that being queer in the muslim world is a sin.

I used to have Bangladeshi crew years ago, and it was practically compulsory among them.

It seems that once more, the unchangeable word of Allah has changed once more.

Things that were atcha 35 years ago, are nay atcha today.

Archived