Non halal curry house

laurajill

• 13 years later...

It's an old thread I realise. Hindus don't eat meat, they are vegan (that's if they're strict Hindus). As for the thing about wanting to go to an Indian origin restaurant as oppose to Pakistani, you must be aware that India and Pakistan was the same country before the British settlers split it up?  Huge number of curry house restaurants in this country are run by British born asian Pakistanis. Islamophobia is everywhere. Nobody bats an eye about Kosher meat.

9 minutes ago, TeatOwl95 said:

Not wanting to eat halal meat doesn't make you Islamophobic.

It doesnt, but if you dont want to eat Halal meat and cite the reason its the way the meat is slaughtered, how do they think normal meat is processed? Do they think the animals are read a pretty bedtime story in a lovely meadow and are then given a gentle injection and slip off whilst someone is holding their hoof?

If thats the road they are going down with refusing to eat Halal, they may as well eat no meat at all. Animal slaughter is animal slaughter, doesnt really matter how its done tbh.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It doesnt, but if you dont want to eat Halal meat and cite the reason its the way the meat is slaughtered, how do they think normal meat is processed? Do they think the animals are read a pretty bedtime story in a lovely meadow and are then given a gentle injection and slip off whilst someone is holding their hoof?

If thats the road they are going down with refusing to eat Halal, they may as well eat no meat at all. Animal slaughter is animal slaughter, doesnt really matter how its done tbh.

I agree entirely, I eat all meat.  If an animal has been slaughtered in the name of a god or religion which I don't believe in it means nothing to me, it's just meat at the end of the day. 

I was just stating that people who might not want to eat certain types of meats on moral or religious grounds or whatever, doesn't mean you have a 'phobia' of that religion. Anymore than straight people not wanting to go to a gay bar doesn't make them homophobic, athletes not wanting to eat fast food doesn't make them fatphobic, etc.

Edited by TeatOwl95
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

a previous manager of mine used to often make a big deal on how he doesn't eat halal meat for supposed animal cruelty reasons. 

Once (i kid you not) as he tucked into his sausage and bacon breakfast sarnie!! 😂

Indeed, having done a couple of days in a slaughterhouse, I can vouch for the incredible offhanded cruelty shown to the animals. Playing baseball with turkeys is just the tip of a fetid iceburg.

• Sad 1