1000 Rabbis Warn: Open Homosexuality in the military may lead to disasters

You really couldn't make it up could you?

After the Pat Robertson; "Haiti earthquake the result of Haitians making a pact with the devil", we now have fundamentalist Jews getting in on the act.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/9630112926.html

I sometimes wonder if I'm actually the same species as these people.:(

I think all armies should be made up of gay men, there'd be a lot less bloodshed but countries would really bitch about other in a far more cutting way!

:hihi:Very good.

The problem is that these people (the Rabbis) are supposed to be enlightened and pillars of their communities.

"Thirteen months before 9/11, on the day New York City passed homosexual domestic partnership regulations, I joined a group of Rabbis at a City Hall prayer service, pleading with G-d not to visit disaster on the city of N.Y. We have seen the underground earthquake, tsunami, Katrina, and now Haiti. All this is in sync with a two thousand year old teaching in the Talmud that the practice of homosexuality is a spiritual cause of earthquakes. Once a disaster is unleashed, innocents are also victims just like in Chernobyl.

:huh: Haven't most EU countries had homosexuals openly serving in their armies for years even decades now? Can't say I've noticed all that many major earthquakes round here recently.

Yet more proof if it were needed that religion and free-thinking do not go hand in hand.

I am still staggered that people can't see organised religion for what it is, the worst form of human control ever devised by humans, for humans.

Please note, I am not comparing spirituality with organised religion, as one is individual and the the latter isn't.

Archived