Do the young`uns today have saturday jobs to earn spending money?

spudgun

I used to earn £5 in the late 70`s for working all day saturday at a fruit shop on hartley brook shops. All i did all day was bag up potatoes. £5 for one days work seamed like a fortune. Do the kids now work on a sat for there spending money? If i hadn`t had a job i`d have had nowt.

I used to earn £5 in the late 70`s for working all day saturday at a fruit shop on hartley brook shops. All i did all day was bag up potatoes. £5 for one days work seamed like a fortune. Do the kids now work on a sat for there spending money? If i hadn`t had a job i`d have had nowt.

I know I do ,I sell my body to any lovely girl for cash ,why last yr I made 4$,not a lot u say but i enjoy my work:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: oh I'm a devil

I used to work all day Saturday in Davys the Bakers for £1.11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm still working hard these days, but thankfully getting a nice salary. I used to spend my meagre wages on 10 cigarettes, pair of tights and whatever change left used to see me through the week supplemented by 50p a night babysitting duties.

In the mid 70's I used to work in the Wimpy bar on Fargate on Saturdays,all day for a fiver..

Do they still have Wimpy bar's in the U.K I remember the speel "our 's are an all beef patty not ham",i wonder what they thought the rest of the world made them from,mind u they did taste good to a food deprived Britain.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do they still have Wimpy bar's in the U.K I remember the speel "our 's are an all beef patty not ham",i wonder what they thought the rest of the world made them from,mind u they did taste good to a food deprived Britain.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dunno,I haven't seen one for years....

There used to be one on Fargate, where we used to go between coming out the nightclubs & the first bus home. mind you that was in the 70s JP

Of course they do! Don't you ever go shopping on a weekend or a evening? Supermarkets, clothes shops and what not always seem full of saturday girls and boys at weekends and tea times...

Archived