Eating at Whitley Hall restaurant

anniec

Hiya,

We're thinking of going to Whitley Hall for lunch today as they are doing an offer of 3 courses for £13.95 (usually £21) Mon-Fri 12pm-2pm. We've not been before and was wondering what experiences my fellow forumers have of it.

Thanks

Anne

We went with a local company for Xmas meal, really good but nearly got indigestion eating like a wolf, there was 3" of snow outside and flakes coming down as big as ten bob bits, had to drive to Tinsley and back up m1 to get back to Stocksbridge. Food was spot on though. There were 22 of us and we all got our food at the same time and all hot and well cooked. Good service. 8/10 for me. 2 points deducted for not gritting the car parks.

very good quality in nice surroundings the head chef has over 25yrs of experience & as far as i know will only cook using fresh ingredients, he doesnt like cooking stuff from frozen. whenever weve been its always been fresh ingredients

We went and it was delicious. Although they didn't advise the offer for the meal at £13.95 was for a really restricted menu with the only thing I liked on the mains not being available.

We ordered the normal £16 for two courses instead of the £21 for 3 and it was really lovely and the magnificent peacock put on a wonderful display for us (well for the peahen)

We're going back to stay the night for my husbands 30th in March. We're both looking forward to it, although he wont wear his jeans this time as he felt well underdressed

Archived