Men arrested over thefts of Fiat 500's - 20/2/10

djelibeybi

THREE men have been quizzed by police on suspicion of conspiracy to commit theft after five Fiat 500 cars were stolen from Sheffield over a three-month period.

Police are investigating the theft of the five cars stolen between October and January. The men, aged 19, 35 and 40, are on bail pending further inquiries.

Detective Inspector Chris Singleton said the theft of vehicles in Sheffield was down 34.7 per cent.

"People can help by removing things of value," he said.

Source: Sheffield Star - Arrests over car thefts

It doesn't say, however, whether the owners of those vehicles either got their vehicles back or will be fully compensated for their loss.

I understand that those victims on here who put out appeals when their vehicles were stolen are bound by certain confidentiality requirements as with all ongoing Police investigations, but I hope they'll be able to update us xxx

Source: Sheffield Star - Arrests over car thefts

It doesn't say, however, whether the owners of those vehicles either got their vehicles back or will be fully compensated for their loss.

The Criminal Justice system does not compensate people that have had their car stolen - that will be left to their insurers. No doubt they will be left out of pocket though which isn't very fair.

The Criminal Justice system does not compensate people that have had their car stolen - that will be left to their insurers. No doubt they will be left out of pocket though which isn't very fair.

I'm well aware of that, I was referring to their insurance companies.

ive allways thought that when they are caught they should be made to pay back all losses and the person whos car was stolen should get all their no claims back

Me too. A person should be put back into the position that they were in before offence occured. If you get what I mean.

It's alright saying 'your insured' but that means you will be paying for it somewhere along the line. The thieving toe rags should be made to pay this difference.

tHEY ALL SHOULD BE STRUNG UP.

Careful you'll get told off by the mods for using capitals....

I think its good theyre finally catching these good for nothing idiots the question is, are they gonna just give them a slap on the wrist, lock them up for five years and let themoff for good behaviour after too or fine them...

06-01-2010, 14:24 #1

5tan

Total Posts: 11 Hi All,

The wife had to abandon her car yesterday due to the weather - on Abbey Lane as you come up towards Whirlow (from Beachief crossroads).

Given the fact that she could not drive it i'm guessing that someone has lifted/towed it away (not legitimately as check with council and police).

If anyone has seen a Fiat 500 in Ivory White, chrome strip down middle of bonnet and retro chrome around fron grill, Italian flag badge on front wings and registration starting YP08..... then plase let us know.

Can't believe someone would look to benefit from misfortune :-(

Thanks All,

Stan

Archived