Most exclusive place to eat

lanman

I dont think an "exclusive" restaurant exists in Sheffield.

That word conjures up places like Gordon Ramseys restaurant or the Fat Duck where you have to be in the know to stand a chance of getting a table at short notice.

I think even Fischers and The Old Vicarage can be booked at pretty short notice without having to utter the phrase "dont you know who I am?"

And frankly , I have eaten at Restaurants all over the UK and just because somewhere is expensive doesnt mean you will have the best evening.

I feel you have to weigh up the experience with how much is spent.

i.e. a megabucks night out has to be really quite extraordinary to beat say a £ 5 kebab from Elifs.

The Old Vicarage was £ 100 / head with drinks and we were slightly underwhelmed.

If I was a millionaire maybe it would seem OK to burn that much money on food and drink but personally I am not sure...

Whereas Morans which is perhaps easily half that price was better and we enjoyed it more knowing we werent spending so much....

Favourite in Sheffield - the Pasta Bar at Sharrowvale at lunchtimes - absolute bargain (like £ 5 for a garlic bread & pasta) and lovely food.

Not exclusive at all but who cares!

I was in christians restaurant (previously the Beachief) on the Saturday of Valentines weekend and Carlton Palmer was eating there as well as Rick Savage with his wife.

we had a great meal and the atmosphere was buzzing with a busy bar and full restaurant!

This Christian's place must really be quite something. Never before have I seen some many first time posters praising it. Incredible.

Must be up for a Michelin star or two by now! And wow its full of celebs too, another reason to avoid as the majority have little taste or tastebuds!!

Shame as it may be half decent but I for one will not be wasting my time in finding out.

Must be up for a Michelin star or two by now! And wow its full of celebs too, another reason to avoid as the majority have little taste or tastebuds!!

Shame as it may be half decent but I for one will not be wasting my time in finding out.

I really hope the owner, whatever he may be called, is reading this thread and aware of how much damage his or his staff's posts are doing.

It's only a couple of miles up the road from me, in a nice setting and appears to have a nice reasonably priced menu. However, dishonest promotion such as this puts me right off visiting.

Archived