Black Police Association

Riche

This is incorrect. It should read "...turn every possible thread into a HATE the BNP thread" :hihi:

Well the thread is about the BNP as well isn't it?

Question. What is the differance with the 'Black Police Association' not letting a non black officer join their club and the BNP not allowing non whites to join their club? Are both guilty of discrimination? or do the Black Police Association have a token right to discriminate on the grounds of some inverted political correctness.

Besides, the BNP does a rather good job of hating dont you think?

Well the thread is about the BNP as well isn't it?

Besides, the BNP does a rather good job of hating dont you think?

You are correct on the first, but wrong on the second. They do a rather bad job of hating. The way they should really work is to take lessons off females. A female really knows how to stick the knife in and twist it round and round and really get her money's worth. The BNP seem to like playing at hating. :gag:

You are correct on the first, but wrong on the second. They do a rather bad job of hating.
I have to disagree, any political party that makes it a constitution issue to say they will deport legally resident British citizens and ban mixed race relationships, and bring back corporal punishment in schools, and demonising gay folks etc etc, is pretty good at hating in my opinion.

The way they should really work is to take lessons off females. A female really knows how to stick the knife in and twist it round and round and really get her money's worth. The BNP seem to like playing at hating. :gag:

That may or may not be true, but I think you're going to discover whether females stick the knife in during the course of the day ;)

You are correct on the first, but wrong on the second. They do a rather bad job of hating. The way they should really work is to take lessons off females. A female really knows how to stick the knife in and twist it round and round and really get her money's worth. The BNP seem to like playing at hating. :gag:

Thats a bit of a generalisation! You must have a very low opinion of women. :suspect:

We women were in a similar situation right up to the 1970s as far as discrimination in employment went. I've experienced women not being allowed to continue working in local government when they got married (colleagues in the 1960s). I've nearly always worked in administration or customer facing jobs. Most of the staff doing the jobs were and are women - but for years nearly all the management were men? Equality has taken us a long time and we've always been here! So, for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) workers its hardly surprising they felt the need to form support groups and look for role models.

In my last job there was a BME staff group - and some of the members weren't 'black' in terms of skin colour. Just like the BPA membership isn't based on a colour chart! However, they all had experience of being in an ethnic minority. Some looked white, but had black parent(s)/grandparent(s). Others were Irish, Asian and European. There was also a support group for disabled workers - another group who face discrimination in the workplace - although that is changing too. The women's group had long disbanded as equality for them had become embedded in the culture - and this is the outcome that is necessary if we truly want equality. If we have to be judgemental, lets judge on behaviour and ability to do a job and not on someone's ethnic background, skin colour, religion or gender.

Thats a bit of a generalisation! You must have a very low opinion of women. :suspect:

We women were in a similar situation right up to the 1970s as far as discrimination in employment went. I've experienced women not being allowed to continue working in local government when they got married (colleagues in the 1960s). I've nearly always worked in administration or customer facing jobs. Most of the staff doing the jobs were and are women - but for years nearly all the management were men? Equality has taken us a long time and we've always been here! So, for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) workers its hardly surprising they felt the need to form support groups and look for role models.

In my last job there was a BME staff group - and some of the members weren't 'black' in terms of skin colour. Just like the BPA membership isn't based on a colour chart! However, they all had experience of being in an ethnic minority. Some looked white, but had black parent(s)/grandparent(s). Others were Irish, Asian and European. There was also a support group for disabled workers - another group who face discrimination in the workplace - although that is changing too. The women's group had long disbanded as equality for them had become embedded in the culture - and this is the outcome that is necessary if we truly want equality. If we have to be judgemental, lets judge on behaviour and ability to do a job and not on someone's ethnic background, skin colour, religion or gender.

Amen to that MsMacb

So why not 'None White Police Officers Association' etc if as you say it is a contradiction and corruption of the word black which according to you really means 'None whites'.

..because 'None White Police Officers Association' doesn't exactly trip off the tongue, does it?

Archived