Black Police Association

Riche

Can you show people where there are any white officers in BPOA.

Why should that be significant?

White officers are not denied membership and the organisation wasn't compelled by law to facilitate it.

White officers rightly have the free choice, do you think they should be forced to join to appease the sensitivities of others?

Why what? Why the BPA allow non black officers?
having looked at the site i cant see any reference to any non black members being allowed i can only see this (

The definition of "Black" does not refer to skin colour.

The emphasis is on the common experience and determination of the people of African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin to oppose the effects of racism) now where does that mention whites if you can find anything let me know :thumbsup:

Why is the Black Police Officers Association always trotted out when the BNP membership rules are placed under scrutiny?

The BPA is just a trade association, not a political party, they're not seeking parliamentary representation and the right to govern this country and it's citizens, so where's the similarity with the BNP?

The fact is they do not discriminate on who can join from a race perspective, whether people want to join is entirely a matter for them.

Why haven't the dissenters highlighted other organistions like the Women's Institute? London Scottish rugby club, London Irish rugby club, the caledonian societies, ex pat organisations?

Why is the Black Police Officers Association always trotted out when the BNP membership rules are placed under scrutiny?

The BPA is just a trade association, not a political party, they're not seeking parliamentary representation and the right to govern this country and it's citizens, so where's the similarity with the BNP?

The fact is they do not discriminate on who can join from a race perspective, whether people want to join is entirely a matter for them.

Why haven't the dissenters highlighted other organistions like the Women's Institute? London Scottish rugby club, London Irish rugby club, the caledonian societies, ex pat organisations?

because the people on here like to argue dont they about the ethnics you not worked that out yet :hihi:

having looked at the site i cant see any reference to any non black members being allowed i can only see this (

The definition of "Black" does not refer to skin colour.

Other posters have previously provided the relevant information so I wont repeat it, but I think you've answered the point yourself there.

The emphasis is on the common experience and determination of the people of African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin to oppose the effects of racism) now where does that mention whites if you can find anything let me know :thumbsup:

..and what's wrong with that? The experiences of African, African-Caribbean, and Asia origin police officers as a minority in the police force will not be the same as white officers who form the overwhelming majority. But if white officers want to join and add to the discussion they're not excluded from doing so.

Extending your logic, they're should be no groups for new mothers, or Scottish, Welsh or Irish people in England, or for cancer survivors, or alcholics or overweight people etc etc etc

Archived