Would you call the Police to children playing with snowballs?

Andy

Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?

• Yes - always
    • No - never
    • Sometimes - e.g. if they are throwing them at OAPs
    • Don't know

Following this report in the Star

Officers received so many snowball complaints this morning they added an extra message to their main answering service warning that police will not be attending if no injury or damage has been caused.

However, even after that, 17 people still insisted on speaking to police staff in the first hour after the message was posted.

Do you think the police should attend these kind of incidents?

You have gotta be joking.. And miss out on pelting the little tykes back but twice as hard .. leave the law out of this, This is MY GAME... cant beat a good snowball feyt with the kids.. Even Chavs love a good snowball feyt, and even the odd lefty likes a good snowball feyt as long as he is tied to a tree !!. Whats the worst that can happen ? you get a bit of a stinger and get wet and cold. Most days in the playground as a kid was like that... Call the law indeed.. theres a kid buried deep in all of us ;) except for coppers though when you knock their helmet off, they never seem to see the funny side of that and release the kid within them :huh: Im rambling.. exit stage ------->

He went

<--------

that way...

:hihi:

No, unless they put a stone in the middle of them, like some kids did the other week.

OOO stop being such a party pooper Patti, putting stones in snowballs is the act of an idiot and it is not that common.

I think what Andy is pointing out here is an innocent snowball feyt with no malice aforethought like the vast majority is capable of without incident.

If we go into stones in snowballs it is going to meander into who cast the first stone, then its muslims that throw stones etc etc etc ssssssssnorrrre.

and it will all be your fault :hihi::hihi:

No I wouldn't if they're just throwing them and larking about. Nothing wrong with a bit of snowball fighting. Unfortunately there's always a couple of chavvy idiots who go too far and give everybody else a bad name. I saw a couple of them throwing snowballs at moving cars yesterday. Those sort should be dealt with, definitely. I don't want to be the person getting mowed down when a driver has to swerve to avoid chav projectiles.

I have called the police a couple of times about "kids" throwing snowballs.

Everytime it snows, a group of around 5-8 thugs (14-16 years old) gather outside a house opposite mine in which an elderly couple live, and pelt their main window for around 25 mins at a time. You can imagine what that's like from the inside. The youths don't half throw them, and with a snowball landing on the window every couple of seconds you can sometimes see their windows shaking. I've seen them after one incident, the old lady was really shook up and I though the fella might go into a heart attack.

In extreme cases such as mj.scuba describes above, yes, I would.

In cases where it's just a few kids having a snowball fight in the streets, no.

If kids are throwing snowballs at people who don't want to be involved, I'm not so sure. I'd want them to stop, but I don't think my first port of call would be telephoning the police.

I had to in January. Sucked, but even after asking them to stop pelting me, they wouldnt. So had to call the police in, as a threat. Apparently the same group had gone around the area attacking others and damaged a car near by so the police were glad we called it in.

If its one or two, no worries. I understand good nature.

If its in mean spirit like what happened to me, yes. I would also call if people were attacking my windows with them. I feel thats threatening and not in good nature.

Archived