Would you call the Police to children playing with snowballs?

Andy

Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?

• Yes - always
    • No - never
    • Sometimes - e.g. if they are throwing them at OAPs
    • Don't know

The police once rung me (when I was a duty social worker one evening) about a young woman with learning difficulties who was throwing snowballs at the windows of her house, where she lived with her parents.

I had to say to the police that I saw no harm in what she was doing, and couldn't someone just persaude her to come inside instead of wasting both police time and my time.

But the policeman insisted that I should attend because of the problem she was causing throwing snowballs at the windows of the family house.

I said I could see how annoying this might be, especially for her parents - but couldn't someone perhaps just engage her in a fun snowball fight, and let her enjoy herself in the snow?

But the policeman insisted that I should attend because her parents were so fed up of her behaviour, that they wouldn't now allow her back into the house.

I said this sounded a bit over the top to me just for throwing some harmless snowballs at the windows.

Not when she's wrapped them around some half-bricks, said the policeman, adding that she'd smashed every window pane.

So, I said I was on my way! :roll:

• 9 months later...

Just been out and saw a gang of lads throwing (with some force) at windows, thought i'd bring this thread back as I happily phoned the police....they looked like old peoples bungalows and when theres 10 - 15 lads outside someones house pelting windows really hard what else can you do but phone police?

I doubt the occupants could confront them for fear of even worse....sickens me! I got pelted myself for telling them they were so tough in there 'gang' but that doesnt bother me, it's when it's peoples houses/cars that it riles me.

Archived